Update on Me

Old 08-24-2010, 08:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Formerly known as soconfused11

Update on Me

It has been so long since I have been on here...been super busy digging into recovery...but those of you who don't know or remember me, I was with an alcoholic/addict for 5 or more years. In November, he pulled a gun on himself and held me hostage all night, knocked me around...this was the 4th domestic violence in 5 years. I am a codependent, and would visit him in jail, write letters...the usual. This last time, I only visited twice, and wrote maybe 2 or 3 times...but this time it was different.

He was sentenced to 6 months. He only served 4. He got off very easy. But this time, I got my restraining order, so he is not allowed to contact me in any way. So my healing (and my son's) could begin.

Feeling so much guilt over what I put Ryan through, this man was abusive to my son...mentally and emotionally more than anything.

Ryan and I have both been in counseling. Me since November, Ryan since...March..April maybe?

I am still constantly struggling with this codependency. I have so far to go...taking care of me and making healthy choices. I have realized that right now...my family is Ryan and I...and that needs to be put first above all before even trying to find another person to come into our life.

But I am at least able to take responsibility for myself now...since I am not so focused on Chris.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello...I am so thankful for all the support I ALWAYS got here, no matter the choices I was making at the time. I could not have done it without SR!

Old 08-24-2010, 08:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Thanks so much for checking in, sodetermined. I do remember your story and am so glad to hear that you are moving on and getting the help that both you and your son need.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I remember you too welcome back

thank you for the update, looks like you are making a happy life and taking a horrible situation and turning it into a good outcome for you and your son!
Old 08-24-2010, 12:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

I remember you! I'm glad you're getting help and that you and your son are now safe. I often wonder where all the people who were here when I joined have gone and how they are doing. Thanks for checking in!
Old 08-25-2010, 01:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I do remember you, too. Glad you got a restraining order. What a sad event. Fortunately we can grow and thrive even after our darker moments - and be together sharing our ESH... sodetermined, you have also helped me a great deal ! give your kid a hug for me please.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

SD what a great update-- I remember your story too and I remember the deep sadness that was in the "voice" of your posts - I hear a different voice now!! Way to go on taking action to recover your life & Ryan's! It's so awesome to hear you are on the road to recovery and free of that abuse.
Peace,
B.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Great to hear from you!!

Like the others have said - awesome to hear you taking such great care of you & your son! Y'all deserve it!!!

Please keep us updated on your continued recovery!!!

PINK HUGS!
Rita
Old 08-25-2010, 10:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for checking in and letting us know your wonderful update! We love to hear about happy endings!
Old 08-25-2010, 01:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Formerly known as soconfused11

Awww, thank you everyone! I also remember every single one of you!!!
Old 08-25-2010, 01:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey Determined,

Keep posting it will be good to get to know you.