Notices

First Day Back

Old 08-23-2010, 07:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First Day Back

Last night was my last drink.
My disease has gotten much worse. I have moved on to vodka
I have decided to go back to AA today.
If that does not work,,,I will have to breakdown and tell my family how bad I am and then go to rehab...which would be disasterous..

So with that in mind, I plan to give it my all at AA
Go everyday, till I get it.
No more excuses.
No more believing I can have one drink.

Love you all.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on quitting and deciding to go to AA - as well as for posting here. You can do this. Is there some reason why going to rehab would be disastrous? If you feel like you'd really benefit from it, I'm sure your family would understand. And if they don't, you can decide that their disapproval (or is it that they don't know you have a problem and you don't want to tell them?) is not your problem.

Keep us posted and best of luck to you.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your re-committment! You can do this!
Old 08-23-2010, 08:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on your first step!! You will be able to do this! We are all relating to your struggles!
Old 08-23-2010, 08:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey LadyB,

I'm a retread myself. After going to rehab, I stayed abstinent from alcohol for 10 months and relapsed on New Year's Eve. From Jan. to Mar., I tried to cut the drinking but only to end up in the same vicious cycle that I had been in before going into rehab. My program is AA and it is working for me. I am actually living sober and being proactive in my recovery.

You'll notice that I used the word abstinent rather than sober after leaving the rehab. I say that because during those 10 months, I did not go to meetings like they suggested and I was not proactive in any program. I just didn't drink and it made my life miserable.

In my experience, going to rehab was one expensive AA meeting. In your post, you make it sound like rehab is the last resort and that it will solve your problems. I hate to break it to you but it wont. It will keep you sober for the amount of days you are in the treatment center but after you leave, it will be all up to you to stay sober. Go to meetings every day and do not drink between those meetings. You sound like you are sick and tired of being sick and tired. That is how I felt this last time around. I went into AA and just let my guard down. I did the opposite of everything I did the last time around. I stopped being stubborn. I started to concentrate on the similarities and not the differences. I wish you well.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Ladyb,

I think that, once you decide alcohol is no longer an option, then you begin to find other healthy ways to deal with life.

I'm glad you're back.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi LadyB,

Grtz on your decision, we are all here to encourage and share our experiences with you.

You are not the first to relapse and revisit the horror of having no control over alcohol.

I hope your meeting goes well and gives you the encouragement and strength that you need.

I recently started using the chat rooms when feeling down, lonely, bored or afraid, it is a great way of chatting the blues away, sharing jokes etc, and making some new friends.

Hope to see you there when you are ready.

Suzie x
Old 08-23-2010, 09:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You can get through this ladyb, go to the meetings and come and post on here, I dont know how I would have coped without all these Lovely People here x
Old 08-23-2010, 10:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your support...I really appreciate it.
This week my sobriety takes priority over everything else.
I will go to meetings.

Just for today...I will not drink.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:20 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yes just for today...You will do it. And today will lead to tomorrow...etc. We are here for you...
Old 08-23-2010, 10:56 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good to know you are planning for a fresh start
Welcome back LB....
Old 08-23-2010, 03:16 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back from me too LadyB.
You're right - sobriety needs to takes priority over everything else - but not just to get a running start...I think it needs to be a permanent change. It needs to be more important than things like pride and family even.

For me, to change my life I had to change my priorities. I have to keep sobriety at the top, all the time, because everything else good I have comes from me staying sober.

D