Notices

slipped but back on again uggg!!!!

Old 08-20-2010, 08:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

slipped but back on again uggg!!!!

Well I made it 52 days then slipped. not just once but alot. Well back on again andhopefully will feel better like I use to. So aug 20th new sober date for me.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you for getting back on!! I'm not sure what's appropriate to say here.. I want to say "things happen" but I don't know if that's even good enough for some people. I started drinking 13 yrs ago and .. well never stopped so 52 days is awesome in my eyes!

So, welcome back!
Old 08-20-2010, 08:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations on coming back, and don't beat yourself up for slipping...we've nearly all been in the same boat. Hang in there and you'll have another 52 days before you know it!
Old 08-20-2010, 09:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thanks I need all the encouragement I can get because I feel like crap about myself.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

If it was so easy to quit, this place wouldn't be here and neither would AA or any other program. 52 days is great! That proves that you can do it. Don't beat yourself up about it. It happens all the time, but that doesn't mean that you can't be successful at sobriety. Hang in there and good luck!
Old 08-20-2010, 09:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

52 days is great, you can do it and more. It sounds like an eternity to me Don't discount it. Just work on getting sober time again. We have the same start date, let's do this! It's not my first, either.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's the feeling like crap about yourself, that can keep you in the cycle of addiction longer than need be. Learn from what happened, change things and move forward.

I'm really glad you're back, and remember that there is always hope.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

We've all been there.
Look back at what happened - find out where you went wrong...then move on

Welcome back bochuck
D
Old 08-20-2010, 07:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Glad you posted and welcome back! You're not the only one to slip up and even though it's natural to feel bad about ourselves, it has more to do with the nature of this disease and addiction in general. Sometime we underestimate how "cunning, baffling and powerful" it is.

So just remember the addicted person is not who you really are inside. Know that you're worthy of a great life and with the right support, you really can do it!:ghug3
Old 08-20-2010, 07:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
The New Me starting 1/11/09

You've learned something that doesn't work. That is valuable.

What will you do differently this next time?
Old 08-20-2010, 08:04 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Unhappy what will I do differently the 2nd time. I have NO idea

Has anyone any suggestions. After 52 days sober then wham bam!!! I don't even remember why I did. We all went to dinner after work and I thought well a wine won't hurt. That night I got wasted. Then since I ruined it I thought screw it I screwed up so the next day I bought a bottle of wine, then a few days later 2 bottles. Then I went on holiday and was actually good just had 2 glasses each night. Four days ago I bought a box which equals 5 bottles It was finished in 3 days. I seemed to get wasted every night. Fought with hubby every night. The anxiety the next mornings whew awful. So without me continuing babbeling does anyone know any suggestions how to do it differently???? I wish I could just have 2-3 glasses and stop at that.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Striving to be a better Man!

We all wish we could just have a couple... sux but we all abused that privelidge and have lost it.
Falling down sucks but we make the choice to get back up..
Old 08-20-2010, 10:10 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

Originally Posted by blackstrat6 View Post
We all wish we could just have a couple... sux but we all abused that privelidge and have lost it.
Falling down sucks but we make the choice to get back up..
Reminds me of a line from Batman Begins. "Why do we fall, Master Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves back up." Yeah, I'm a nerd, but that pops into my head sometimes when I'm down and out.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:28 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi bochuck

I don't know your history off hand but have you thought of face to face support - AA or some other group, outpatient rehab, or counselling?

I don't think there's anything wrong in admitting our ways not working and getting some outside help.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:38 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Dee is right bout face to face support. If you haven't tried it I'd say do. We are in the same boat...we cannot drink socially or moderately or eventually it will put us in the hell we were in. May not be fair but that's how it is.

Other than f2f support not many suggestions. Accept you cannot drink, make a decision not to and stick with it. Good luck!
Old 08-20-2010, 10:39 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Also...52 days was great! You can get back there and pass it!
Old 08-20-2010, 10:45 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I too, have fallen victim to the seduction of alcohol several times this summer. Now August 20th is my new sobriety date too.

It's now 1:37am but I'm not leaving the house for 20 mins because if I do, I might go buy beer before the 2am cutoff. The last binge started a week ago Friday...I had not drank for 5 days prior and I had a date with an attractive lady who is also a wine fanatic.

Things are so predictable with alcohol in a way. I take six beers to her friend's house, where we have dinner, drink all of them, then had a couple more. After I dropped her off, those 9 beers just weren't enough so I stopped by the store and pickup another six pack and drink three and go to bed. Then I wake up at 7am, still drunk and drink two more. Where does it stop? I drank more Saturday night, nothing Sunday, Monday night more, Tuesday all day, Wednesday I probably had 5 hours sober, Thursday..sober all day but drank 12 that night. Today I went back to AA. It's just getting too crazy again.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:48 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back mcmurphy.

D
Old 08-20-2010, 11:02 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Alcohol is a Nightmare as we all know! What makes us happy also makes us Miserable at the same time..

Start again Bochuck , Don't let this beat you, be strong and get over the 52 day Mark, put this Slip-up down to a temporary set back.
Old 08-21-2010, 02:39 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

bochuck.....

Take those earlier 52 days of success
and make them a base for your fresh start.