Thought for the day - take action or let go?

Old 08-20-2010, 07:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thought for the day - take action or let go?

Today's thought from Hazelden is:

Today I will practice looking at situations and learning the difference between "taking action" and "letting go." Many times I need to take care of things that seem difficult or overwhelming, and I have to push myself to get them done because I know they are necessary or good for me. This is called taking action.

There are other times when I want things to get done a certain way or in a certain amount of time. These things may not be within my control, and I may feel frustrated that I can't change them when or how I want to. This is when it's important to learn the art of letting go, which is usually harder than taking action.

I will practice taking action when I need to and letting go of the things I have no control over.

You are reading from the book:

Time to Break Free by Judith R. Smith
Old 08-20-2010, 07:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

This reading really struck home with me today. I have some things going on in my life and I've been hovering & darting in and out like a hummingbird - and I realized this morning that perhaps I needed to take a step back and look at those things.

There are other times when I want things to get done a certain way or in a certain amount of time. These things may not be within my control, and I may feel frustrated that I can't change them when or how I want to. This is when it's important to learn the art of letting go, which is usually harder than taking action.
I really want to make some things happen... in other words, I want to force a solution in a situation that really isn't mine to handle at all. (insert big sigh here)

Years ago in times like these, my angel sponsor used to tell me, "Don't just DO something, SIT there." I had to hear it a few times before I got it. And today, I can hear her once again saying that exact same thing. I need to quit trying to control an outcome that isn't mine to control.

JudyB, I know that heaven is a richer place for having you. Gads I miss you still, every day.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CatsPajamas View Post
Today's thought from Hazelden is:

Today I will practice looking at situations and learning the difference between "taking action" and "letting go." Many times I need to take care of things that seem difficult or overwhelming, and I have to push myself to get them done because I know they are necessary or good for me. This is called taking action.

I will practice taking action when I need to and letting go of the things I have no control over.

You are reading from the book:

Time to Break Free by Judith R. Smith
What a timely thread for me as one week ago today, I took action and let go of EXABF.