Nice visting with you.

Old 10-20-2003, 07:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nice visting with you.

Mark has asked me not to post here anymore.

Its been nice chatting with you. I will miss you all, Thanks for letting me visit.

Cecilia
Old 10-20-2003, 07:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Cecelia -

I am confused. Who is Mark and why doesn't he want you to visit here? Seems to me that you are contributing to this group and receiving help yourself. How can that be a bad thing?

Hugs, Jo
Old 10-20-2003, 08:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Cecilia,

I am not thrilled with this I must tell you! Is Mark the husband or an attorney? I dont see how an emotional outlet for you, and a place of anonymitiy can hurt. Please reconsider, you offer so much to the group!
Old 10-20-2003, 08:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
believer

Wait!!! Is Mark your hubby????? You can't leave - us codies have to stick together!!! How does he even know about this site? Isn't he locked up right now????
Old 10-20-2003, 08:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I agree with the above...my husband isn't thrilled either that I've found somewhere to "let it all hang out" however, I just don't access it at home or leave it so he can find it! I have every right to do what I want...if you asked him to stop drinking (I'm assuming he's the a in your life and by you being here, it confirms to him too that theres a problem) would he?? Not being critical, just don't want to lose you!!!

Sped teach
Old 10-20-2003, 08:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hey!! I'm another red head too and we don't give up or give in THAT easily.

This is a healthy place to work your recovery and to share your feelings and methings Mark is a little controlling.

It's your decision, but please know that we welcome you here anytime and that we care.

Hugs and prayers
Ann
Old 10-20-2003, 08:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

Cecilia,

Although I am new to posting here, I have been reading this board for a long time. I enjoy your posts, your advice, and mostly your sense of humor. It is obvious that Mark (Ask the Experts section) does not get your sense of humor. It is unfortunate that he took your post the wrong way and unprofessional in his response to you. Do not let that stop you from sharing here.

DH
Old 10-20-2003, 08:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

She posted under Mark Schickel (or whatever his name is), and he completley took something she said jokingly wrong.
Old 10-20-2003, 08:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I figured out who Mark is. What does Mark have to do with this site? Nothing. We aren't looking for his opinion or his help when we visit here. I just wouldn't bother going to his site in the future. We all "get" you here. Although I know his comments hurt and bothered you, don't let it keep you from a place that you enjoy. I hope we can welcome you back after a brief hiatus - like no more than a few hours!

Jo
Old 10-20-2003, 09:15 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

She is a tough cookie..... Cecilia deals with so much on the homefront with the accident and the press and all. She has a fighting spirit, she will come back!
Old 10-20-2003, 09:19 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Cecelia

I just realized that you meant "Mark" up on his board.

Whoaaa Nellie!!! Just because he read you wrong, don't feel you need to leave here. If you don't want to post to him - don't. But his board is not this board and you can post here anytime and as often as you want.

I thought your "turkeybutt" joke was very very funny!!

Sweetie - some people love us and some people don't. We learn that the only person who really matter is US and we learn to love ourselves. But just for the record, WE love you too!!!!

So brush yourself off, and share away. We're here, we love you and we're listening.

Hugs
Ann
Old 10-20-2003, 09:25 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
believer

Ditto - I thought the turkey joke was hilarious!

Do not even be bothered by him. If he doesn't want you on his forum, fine. But we welcome you here and would miss you if you left. So please keep coming back!

Hugs,
JG
Old 10-20-2003, 09:47 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Learning to love life...

Cecelia,
I had to read the post over in Mark's Forum to see what the hoopla was all about.
And these guys are sooo right - you did nothing wrong, and WE don't want to lose you.

If you're anything like me (any many many others here), you HATE to rock the boat. When you learn that something you said caused someone to be offended, YOU willingly take the blame. It tears us apart, and dampens our self-pride when we think we are hurting someone else.

BUT, you HAVE to give Mark the responsibility here. HE was offended; it was HIS nasty words... Give it back to him, and stay here with us.

Take care
Meg
Old 10-20-2003, 10:45 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Oops, open mouth and insert foot....I "assumed" who Mark was....and we all know what assuming means don't we????

I still think that he took you wrong and you shouldn't quit coming here because of that!!!

Sped teach
Old 10-20-2003, 10:53 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Mark ain't worth it Cecilia....don't go.

Besides, who dies and made him God (or in the interest of Al-Anon, Higher Power)?
Old 10-20-2003, 12:49 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Queen of one liners

CECILIA;

tHIS IS AN AL-ANON THREAD....PLEASE DON"T LET ONE PERSON DICTATE WHO AND WHAT GOES ON HERE...

YOU ARE A WELCOME ADDITION.....KEEP COMING BACK..

I AM AN EXPERT ON AWFULLNESS! AND IF YOU LEAVE IT WILL BE AWFUL.

GOD BLESS.
Old 10-20-2003, 01:03 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Jon
But Very, Very Bruisable...

Hey Cecelia...

Mark does not work for SoberRecovery. He does not get to tell anybody whether they can or cannot post.

You are always welcome here.

Period.
Old 10-20-2003, 01:13 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
They call me Kim

If we were all the same it'd be a pretty boring world wouldn't it Cecilia?

I just ADORE your humor!!!

You have been through so much and still have the time to try to put a smile on many of our faces.....

We're all family ya know!

So maybe there was one face that didn't smile.....he'll smile at something else some other day.....in the meantime....

Please reconsider....

Hugz~

Kim
Old 10-20-2003, 01:56 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
a work in progress

Cecilia please don't let one rotten (turkey)egg spoil what you found here. We all enjoy hearing from you and how you're doing with the hubby and the oulaws. This is OUR place to vent, to find encouragement, support and strength to get thru what we all have to deal with in our lives. I for one think you enrich this board with your sense of humor, but I'm not an "expert", just someone from the real world... and passably literate enough to comprehend whats written in context.
Old 10-20-2003, 02:10 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Cecilia you better not leave us!! That guy is (and I am going to get vulgar here) is a "bleep bleep" (edited to protect the not so innocent). I personally wouldn't waste my type asking him any type of question.