Notices

Helloooo..checking in.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Helloooo..checking in.

I got a free pass for the Dr today. So I am at my aunts right now until I go.
The house is good. I have seen alot of people I knew the last time and all of them are glad I came back. Especially at the meetings.

I am talking ALOT more this time. In meetings and IOP. I never shared in a meeting at all. Not the whole 3 mos I was there last time. I have shared 3 or 4 times since FRIDAY!!! And am speaking at least once at IOP a day.

There is a free spiritual class they have in town that deals with meditaiotns, yoga and stuff like that. Its every Thurs and counts as a meeting for us. I want to start going to that when I am off assessment.

We had some drama over the weekend. If you ever wanted to see something to keep it really green for you. This would have been it.
A girl who was in the house was asked to leave about a week before I got there because she had been drinking while there. She left on a FRi and came back the next Sat drunk and broke into the house when everyone was out and wrote profanity all over all the councelors doors. She ended up[ leaving and riding a bike drunk and slammed into a parked car and knocking herself out, so the cops came and they asked her where she was coming from and she told them the house. So when they took her there, everyone was back and they seen what she did and I guess locked her up for a couple days. Well she came back the next Fri to apologize, she was crying. Ok its all good, They told her she needed to get help. Sunday night We hear someone screaming and yelling in the woods behind the house. It was her all wasted running in and out of the woods screaming and cussing. The cops came and they removed her in an ambulance. It was very sad and scary.

But other than that. All has been good. I settled right in and am feeling good about doing the work this time.

Anyway. Hope you all are well and I will return as soon as I can. Miss you guys!! :ghug3
Old 08-19-2010, 10:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Hey, Trish!! Glad you checked in and super glad you are doing well.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

TAke good care of yourself, my friend.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Trish.. good to hear from you...I have been gone for a bit, just got back and I am glad you are back at 'it'

I am very happy to hear that you are speaking up at meetings and IOP...that is a big step with wonderful dividends..

Take care, sweetie and just keep moving forward; you're doing awesome.....Prayers for the girl in the house
Old 08-19-2010, 12:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
not little, a stranger no more

It's great to hear from you and I'm happy that things are going well for you. You go girl!
Old 08-19-2010, 12:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

WTG Trish, I'm proud that you're really sticking to it and doing better. Keep on keeping on!!

Oh, and stay clear of the woods, you never know what may come out of them, lol.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Trish,

I've been thinking about you and am glad you checked in.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

You sound great Trish
I'm sorry for your friend tho - I hope she'll reach her moment of clarity soon like we all did.

take care mate
D
Old 08-19-2010, 03:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You sound SO good Trish and it is great to hear how you are sharing this time. Good for you my friend. Meditation has helped me a lot in recovery. It is something to consider for sure. Sorry about that girl. Hopefully she will come to her own as you did. Hugs - Sarah
Old 08-19-2010, 03:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

Hi! I'm glad its going well this time, and you're sharing in meetings! That mustve been awful to see that girl like that! It wouldve upset me alot. Hope she gets some help!!
Old 08-19-2010, 04:33 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
A work in progress

You sound good, kiddo!

Good job with the sharing, and I think you will find the yoga and meditation really helpful.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:42 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You are doing so well Trish!

I like those who don't accept NO for an answer.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:50 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

(((Trish))) - I've been having a bad day, but you just made it all better I'm SO glad you are sharing...it really does make a difference. I'm so sorry about the girl who hasn't "gotten it" yet, but I pray she does soon. I know, for me, seeing someone like that makes me more grateful for MY recovery and work even harder.

Love you, sweetie!!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy