Notices

wanting to add art to profile

Old 08-18-2010, 09:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool wanting to add art to profile

Im the dude that likes to post my drawings etc and up till now been using cell phone pics which look like crap so they got deleted. Now I went and got a scanner and uploaded or tried to and the profile will not take even a copy paper size , so what now do I have to learn to draw postcard size pics, man what a day glad its almost over......swag
Old 08-18-2010, 09:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Noone deleted your pics as far as I know swag.

I'm pretty sure you can resize pics on upload sites like photobucket.
never done that tho...

I use a free programme called IrfanView and get the size I want before I upload it.

D
Old 08-18-2010, 09:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Dee's right, Swag.

You gotta scan the pics into your computer and then resize them before you upload them. A straight scan is WAY too big a file to upload.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Noone deleted your pics as far as I know swag.

I'm pretty sure you can resize pics on upload sites like photobucket.
never done that tho...

I use a free programme called IrfanView and get the size I want before I upload it.

D
Sounds like rocket science Dee , I just wanna scan ad to pics and upload to profile. But there seems to be size restrictions , oh well ! Anyhow I deleted my own stuff cuz I thought I was gettin da boot and the pics looked nappy so I got a scanner, but all this sizing resising well IM just a plug and play kind a guy Dee but thanks.......Swag
Old 08-18-2010, 09:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
Dee's right, Swag.

You gotta scan the pics into your computer and then resize them before you upload them. A straight scan is WAY too big a file to upload.
I am totaly lost here Lexie, HOW???? Im lucky to just learn to scan and add to pics . but resize? man I wish you could show me how......thanks Swag
Old 08-18-2010, 09:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think most forums have size restrictions on pics Swag - otherwise we'd have no room left, y'know?

Hope you can figure it out.

D
Old 08-18-2010, 09:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I think most forums have size restrictions on pics Swag - otherwise we'd have no room left, y'know?

Hope you can figure it out.

D
I will draw on postage stamps with a magnifying glass , maybe that will save on size restrictions. Never had this trouble anywhere else??
Old 08-18-2010, 09:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Swag,

Here's a free site: Phixr. Just upload your scanned image there, use the buttons to resize it, and save the resized image to your computer. NOW you should be able to upload it to your profile.

It ain't rocket science. It's really pretty simple.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
Swag,

Here's a free site: Phixr. Just upload your scanned image there, use the buttons to resize it, and save the resized image to your computer. NOW you should be able to upload it to your profile.

It ain't rocket science. It's really pretty simple.
Lexie I checked it and you gotta create an account log in and fool with the scanner etc etc man I give, the scanner is going back to wal mart and IM done. This site is too complicated. Never had a problem with med help it was just a plug and play type of thing and it notified the forum each time you uploaded a new pic , but Im banned for life there , so as of now life sucks.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't know what else to tell you swag - most places you will need to have an account and log in.

It takes like a minute, maybe longer if they need to send you an activation link....then you have to resize and upload your pics...but it's not like breaking rocks, ya know?

It's the way most of the 'net works.

D
Old 08-18-2010, 10:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I don't know what else to tell you swag - most places you will need to have an account and log in.

It takes like a minute, maybe longer if they need to send you an activation link....then you have to resize and upload your pics...but it's not like breaking rocks, ya know?

It's the way most of the 'net works.

D
If I need to login to another site and monitor the cannon and my pics as well as this site.........to hell with it . I quit art.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:12 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you feel that way swag, but that was me for a long time too

From this side of the fence, exercising a little patience, and the chance to learn a new skill is a good thing, man.

D
Old 08-19-2010, 06:03 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hey Swag, I find that a digital camera is a lot easier way to get your art online, your camera can either hook up directly to your computer or your memory card can go straight into your computer.

It is unfortunate but one of the facts of life that if you want to do anything with art today, even if just as a hobby, you need to learn some computer basics:-) if you can get past the mental block it can even be fun!

Good luck!
Old 08-19-2010, 06:28 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by swag2 View Post
If I need to login to another site and monitor the cannon and my pics as well as this site.........to hell with it . I quit art.
Dont give in so easy Swag, its great fun when you get the hang of it, just put your problem in a search engine, and it will usually give you step by step instructions on how to do what you want, then when you have done it once or twice it is soo easy then.

Do not give up art you are far to talented to waste it
Old 08-19-2010, 08:03 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

To resize your images it is as simple as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5! This a point and click site. No login, membership jazz: Resize Images online
Old 08-19-2010, 09:03 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Heathen

If you're still around, I use this site to make my photos smaller.. there's a ton of options in terms of sizing. You just upload to the site, select the re-size and hit "Resize it", and save the file to your computer.

Resize images online with the fastest and most powerful online tool, Quick Thumbnail
Old 08-19-2010, 12:34 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I used the scanner to upload some old poloroad art in my profile , now Im taking the scan/print back to walmart and buying a digital cam like you mentioned , I looked at them last week but never really gave it much thought. I think I really like doing black and white ink drawings now and really wacky stuff , its more fun and really quick.
ttyl....Swag
Old 08-19-2010, 12:37 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I love ink drawings!!! Can't wait to see them, hope it works out easier.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:47 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Sent you a pm about that dont know if it sent?
Old 08-19-2010, 12:58 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Smile Smacked

Originally Posted by smacked View Post
If you're still around, I use this site to make my photos smaller.. there's a ton of options in terms of sizing. You just upload to the site, select the re-size and hit "Resize it", and save the file to your computer.

Resize images online with the fastest and most powerful online tool, Quick Thumbnail
Checked out your pics all I can say is Wow! Like to see that tat sleeve in more detail or it looked like a tat sleeve. was not sure.