Notices

more mental

Old 08-18-2010, 08:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy more mental

night 4; coming up day 5. no sleep and literal zombie but can hole up in the house again tomorrow. no other w/d symptoms other than going stir crazy in the house and no sleep. don't want to drive since i've had no sleep so don't want to drive to meeting yet although I know that is what will work. I'm not a patient recover-er... but I have time. (most of you know what I'm talking about). haven't had usual 'triggers' since kids are gone too and i'm not leaving the house. i'm cranky but a zombie. broke down and tried a little melatonin earlier tonight. still wide awake. i'm a pill popper so nothing else is an option for me - this is a relapse for me so I know the drill. I remember it being this hard. I knew deep down what I was in for. The hardest part... forgiving myself. I must admit... reading these forums all day has helped a ton! being able to post and read replies helps to remind me that although I am physically alone in my house.... I am not alone out there. I read other peoples "day 5" posts and think... "I'm doing the same thing". Maybe they are reading mine too. Good wishes to all and thanks.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Way to go blue!! Keep hanging in there - you're past the worst and even though the insomnia is hell, it WILL get better. Of course, you know that already. But yeah, I spent 3 solid days practically glued to this place and it got me through the intense cravings and feelings of being out of sync with everything and everyone (well, myself really).

I just told myself to think about it like having the flu, so I'd have to suck it up, drink lots of fluids, take vitamins, and wait for my body to heal. When we're sick, we don't feel guilty - we actually treat ourselves with a little compassion, so keep that in mind. I'm sending prayers and positive thoughts to you. You can do this!!
Old 08-18-2010, 09:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Hang in there, blue,

The worst of it is almost over. I've got almost two years, and I remember how crappy I felt when I was where you are.

Better days are ahead.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

you're doing great bluewheel.

D