Notices

G'Mornin!

Old 08-18-2010, 03:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

G'Mornin!

Sun's about to come up on Day 3.

So this is what WC Fields meant about feeling the best you're going to feel all day?

Go for my assessment in the next couple hours to get into the IOP program. This should be funny.

Counselor: Let's talk about your drinking
BDT: I'm a drunk
Counselor: What are your goals?
BDT: To quit being a drunk
Counselor: How much do you drink?
BDT: Nothing since Sunday. Can we move on?

Yeah. BDT's blunt. Anybody gone through these assessments? I swear if this clown asks about my feelings I'll hurl.

Anyway, Good Morning!
Old 08-18-2010, 03:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think your goals will change as you move on day to day. Drinking was only a symptom of my true problem which was myself. You learn to improve yourself so that you avoid those symptoms or at least learn to deal with them. However, one day at a time and as long as you are sober today, you will have done at least one thing right. Hope everything goes well.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BoutDamnTime View Post
Sun's about to come up on Day 3.

So this is what WC Fields meant about feeling the best you're going to feel all day?

Go for my assessment in the next couple hours to get into the IOP program. This should be funny.

Counselor: Let's talk about your drinking
BDT: I'm a drunk
Counselor: What are your goals?
BDT: To quit being a drunk
Counselor: How much do you drink?
BDT: Nothing since Sunday. Can we move on?

Yeah. BDT's blunt. Anybody gone through these assessments? I swear if this clown asks about my feelings I'll hurl.

Anyway, Good Morning!
Hi BDT. I'm on day 18 and finally got around to getting the phone # to call for therapy today. This first step scares the c-rap outta me. I feel like I'm going to crumble before i make it in the door. I must get help but I'm leary of everyone that I feel like I'll be the idiot they go home and tell their spouse about. I can't even face a real MD. I was always afraid they would look at me and know I was a pill popper. duh, looking back I'm sure everyone could tell I was zinging on something.
Good Luck.
And no they won't move on, and your feelings will be questioned, all for the greater good:-)
Old 08-18-2010, 03:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh, I know. Just a little morose humor to start the day. Just want to get on with it. It's like waiting in the car for everybody to hurry up when you're already running late.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Morning BDT, For some reason your post reminded me of the Geico(sp) commercial with the ex Marine drill Sargent as a counselor. Have you seen it? It's too funny.