I will mail divorce papers tomorrow

Old 08-17-2010, 09:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Post I will mail divorce papers tomorrow

My AH has been gone since April 24th and had just came back in February six months later he started using again, and I told him and promised myself that he would not come back home and use Heroin. But he relapsed again and thats when he left in April. We have been married for 16 years and together for 20 its hard to let go we have been still talking everyday until tonight he said this isn't going to work and to send the divorce papers. So I will be mailing tomorrow. I wanted a divorce but didn't want to hurt his feelings and didn't know how to tell him.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
it is what it is

special - i am so sorry divorce has become a reality for you - it is hard to hear of such a long relationship being affected by this horrible affliction - i just wanted to let you know my thoughts and prayers are with you as you face this difficult situation
Old 08-18-2010, 02:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So sad but sometimes there is no other option but to let go.

I am also thinking of you hun.

Suzie x
Old 08-18-2010, 04:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm sending hugs too, Special, addiction destroys so many relationships, it is truly a family disease.

Take time to mourn through this, it's a normal reaction when you lose your dreams, but know that the bad days don't last forever and one day you will be happy again.

We're here for you and we care, and keep you in our prayers.

Hugs
Old 08-18-2010, 07:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
tam

so sorry special..sad to read it has come to this,but please know we are there for you, may you find the strength and guidance to get you through this and that it goes smoothly, I can imagine it has been difficult for you.
sending you my thoughts, prayers and a huge hug!!
Old 08-18-2010, 07:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that you find yourself at that point.

I spent 31 years with my husband before I had finally had enough. I decided to protect myself legally and financially by divorcing him. A divorce after so long, however, still does not protect you spiritually. I will always love my X. In fact, I still feel married emotionally--but I have the peace of mind that he can not come into my house with drugs anymore, can not put me in debt anymore, and I can not be held responsible for things he did in our mutually owned cars anymore.

The divorce was not about romance-gone-wrong. It was about personal protection, pure and simple.

Be strong. It is hard now, but you may wonder why you didn't do it years sooner......I did.

Hugs,
Babs
Old 08-18-2010, 10:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks

Yes its hard to let go since we were together at a young age but it has to happen this way I own a home and bought it myself so I need to protect my investment of course he didn't pay anything. I feel sad but Im sure its a part of healing one day I will look back and say wow this should of happened years ago, but I had to get tired of the situation I will keep you all posted on what happens in the next few months. Its easier that he's not here he's in another state but still hard
Old 08-18-2010, 02:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Cool

Just a li'll fyi....I meant to reply to this sooner, but ..........

I don't know what the laws/rules are where you live, but in the states I've lived, legal papers like divorce papers, when mailed, needed to be mailed 'registered mail/return receipt requested' [the party needs to sign for the letter--just in case the person gets cantankerous (sp?) and doesn't sign and/or return the papers, he/she can't claim to have never received them].

But then.....this was all in the past, and who knows how things have changed.....certainly not moi.....

(o:
NoelleR