Notices

question

Old 08-13-2010, 09:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

question

so here is my question: once you relapse for 1 night and drink, will you have to go trough the same withdrawel as you did before or will it be easier this time? If anybody could comment from experience on what to expect.
Also will your brainfunction be completly ruined and you are back at step 0 or it is only limited impaired. If you ahve some literature etc please help me to answer these questions.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Heathen

I've heard you pick up right where you left off.. but no idea if that has to do with withrdrawal. Not everyone makes it through their next relapse. I spend more energy preventing that from ever happening!
Old 08-13-2010, 11:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well Sasa, my question is, how long were you sober before you drank again. But it almost sounds like you haven't actually drank yet but you might be thinking of it. The questions are asked as if you are looking for the after effects answer, as if you actually haven't picked up that first drink yet.

So let me ask, have you already drank? If so you already know what the effects are.

There isn't anything worth it to me to pick up that first drink. The only thing I'm promised if I do that is to expect my old miserable life back.

Harry
Old 08-13-2010, 11:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

well I made it 55 days and then I drank 750ml, 1 bottle last night. I was stupid. I think I learned what situation will give me a trigger for sure. Today I felt sick and hungover with some headache that is now gone, I have no visible withdrawels, no shakes, sweats etc, so I am wondering if there is still a storm coming or if I will be fine.
As fro what I will do different, I let emotions control me yesterday, my roomate left today so we cooked nice dinner and had some wine as a goodbye. At the same time shortly before one of the people who left me returned and was very cold to me and said things to me that upset me. So I guess I learned drinking wine will make things only worse and wine or alcohol is no reward. (well I kind of knew it, guess I jsut had to check it again). So I am just wondering if others have experience withdrawels etc and if yes how bad they got
Old 08-13-2010, 11:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sasa,
Thanks for being so honest. I don't know the answer to any of your questions, but wanted to commend you on starting over. It's hard I know but you went 55 days and you can do it again. Maybe now you can prepare a little better if you find yourself getting the urge to drink. You also now know the triggers that set you off.

I'm sure more will be along that can answer your questions. Meantime stay strong and take care of yourself. :ghug3
Old 08-13-2010, 12:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm not sure myself either to be truthful. I can only imagine it this way, it was only that one night and I am not a doctor, but where you didn't get slobering drunk, until you passed out, I don't think you can expect anymore effects than what you are experiencing. Well, I hope not anyway. I have to say up front though, I really don't know.

Welcome back, good to see you get honest with yourself.

Harry
Old 08-13-2010, 03:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I never drank for just one night when I relapsed SASA so I don't know.
I'd have guessed 750ml of anything alcoholic wouldn't make you real chipper tho.

Hopefully that's all you have to contend with

D
Old 08-14-2010, 07:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

yep, made last night without drinking. So I am back on the wagon. Withdrawels were minor. I hope they stay minor....
Old 08-14-2010, 08:13 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

As your avatar reflects, "It's a beautiful day."

I'm only thinking that you probably experienced the worst of it, a bad hangover. I'll keep you in my prayers that the hangover will be the worst of it and you keep moving forward. Good job on getting back on the wagon. Drinking never made anything better for me, just made everything 100 times worse than what it actually was.

God bless,

Harry
Old 08-14-2010, 08:23 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

well I will definitly remeber the headache for a while. Looking back it is interesting for me to see that I still feel like having a drink is a reward for me. I realized its taking poison. Next time if I want a treat I will buy definitly ice cream or a cheescake
Old 08-14-2010, 08:36 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

That is part o my recovery...recognizing that drinking poison is not a reward, however a nice steak is:-D