Notices

why

Old 08-12-2010, 04:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

why

well I relapsed after 55 days sober I relapsed. Why my roommate is leaving tomorrow and I also had one of my ex friends returning. Buttom Line, I opened a large bottle of wine for my roommate and I drunk with him. Actually I drunk to not feel the pain of her leaving.
Sounds crazy.
Also a friend who quit me out of his life reappeared and he met with me and just told me he does not care about me.
So fazit I drunk because life sucks.
What will I do better:
not feel emotions. It is my past caring about somebody that gets me.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Have you finished drinking now? Are you going to get back on the road to sobriety? You did it for 55 days and that is great. If you did it once, you can do it again.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

hey SASA

Drinking over things like that is kinda like being beat up...then beating ourselves up all over again...but worse.

Get back to where you know you should be
D
Old 08-12-2010, 09:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Of course you can feel emotions.

But, you don't need to let them control you.

There are healthy ways to deal with sadness and loss and you can learn.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Im glad you posted SASA. I know I drank to not feel anything. It was rough going in early sobriety to not relapse when I went through situational triggers but I did and so will you.

You know that drinking is a quick fix but it makes you feel worse and it doesn't solve one thing.

I hope you plan to pick back up as you know you have it in you to do this. You have shown yourself determination and strength.

I would suggest adding additional support to help cope with past pain and to gain positive methods of dealing with the ups and downs of sobriety.

Counseling is an excellent tool that I use but there are also plenty other options there.

I am proud of you and hope you get to a better place since not one person is worth drinking over. No matter how rough our lives are.....we deserve better and through strong recovery we find that.

Thinking of you.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Get back up Sasa, you can start again.

We can't make people care about us, but we can learn to care for ourselves, and the good news is that once we do, nobody can take that away, ever.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

well I am back, terribly hungover. I think drinking was the wrong decision. I forgot completly how bad it feels the next day. Definitly will stop drinking Day 1 again.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SASA View Post
well I am back, terribly hungover. I think drinking was the wrong decision. I forgot completly how bad it feels the next day. Definitly will stop drinking Day 1 again.
Hey Sasa,

I think I understand what you must be going through right now, don't let any feelings of post-drinking-guilt bring you back down. As others have pointed out here, try to evaluate what you will do different this time (meetings, asking for help sooner...).
You are doing a great thing for yourself!