Notices

Just checking in.

Old 08-11-2010, 05:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Recent T-totaller

Just checking in.

I read here still quit often but haven't had the time nor the energy to post and thought I'd just check in to let y'all know I and hubby are still alive and sober.

While we fell of the wagon 3 times after two emotional family occasions out of the 88 days that is something we can live with.

We are sober feeling positive and strongly motivated to stay sober.

It doesn't mean we don't have cravings and sometimes overpowering HALT moments but we feel OK about waiting them out and not giving in.

Our weekends are now stretching to three sober days due to the fact that my husband was able to negotiate a 40 hour four day working week and we get a lot done in the gardens and our house now that that time is not spend drunk in bed. LOL. (That and a strict regiment of thyroid supporting minerals and vitamins, with a bit of luck I don't have to start on hormones.)

I see that most of us are able to keep it up and I am grateful for all of you out there being strong and taking on sobriety one day at a time.

I'm thinking about all of you and while I may not write a lot I keep up with the site.

Old 08-11-2010, 05:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad to hear you're happy with things, Margareth
D
Old 08-11-2010, 09:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Hi Margareth - glad to hear you're still working on your sobriety (and doing it together - that's really fantastic!) I started taking a thyroid complex too (my numbers were borderline) and discovered it had alot of B vitamins in it. I'll just bet my low numbers were caused by all that alcohol......(?)

Good to read your post and know you have lots more time to do all those things you love!! Keep up the good work....