Two recuperating pets at home...

Old 08-10-2010, 01:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Two recuperating pets at home...

Since my student loans were finally disbursed, tops on my list was getting some vetting done, including vaccinations, and Randy, my greyhound, getting a much needed dental. He hadn't had one since my old vet moved away to join a multi-vet practice.

He was started on antibiotics last week, and had the dental yesterday morning. He lost 4 molars, and amazingly, is much perkier today already, but that could be due to the good drugs the vet sent home!

He was staggering around like a drunken sailor last night because I had his clean comforter laid out on my bedroom floor, and he insisted on retreating to/laying under my computer desk instead! Silly boy! He even got so excited when I got back home from dropping Ku'a off this morning that he grabbed a stuffy despite the sore mouth. His way of expressing happiness is grabbing the first thing available in his mouth and trotting around with the helicopter tail wag.

Ku'a was spayed this morning, and I will be picking her up in about an hour to bring her home. I missed my little face-cleaner nose-nibbler in bed last night! I suspect it will be a challenge to keep her activities limited the next few days as puppies seem to spring back much quicker from a spay than an adult dog.

I love my second set of 'kids' so much, and they are a huge part of my recovery. I'll be glad to see Ku'a and Randy back to 100% soon, and then hopefully I won't be funding my vet's college fund for her kids for awhile!
Old 08-10-2010, 01:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Awwww...I'm so glad your fur babies are recuperating nicely. I've often thought how awful is must be to have a toothache (the absolute WORST pain I've ever had) and be a dog and not be able to tell anyone. Poor babies.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Climbing hills, flying down...

Awww...wishing your fur babies a speedy recovery! I love, love, LOVE greyhounds. Wish I could have one, but I live in an apt. that doesn't allow dogs. Thanks for posting!
Old 08-10-2010, 02:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((DeVon))) - I'm so glad that ((Randy)) and ((Ku'a)) are all "fixed up"!! I did the same, when I got my settlement from my lawsuit..took all 3 cats to the vet.

I know you'll feel much better when Ku'a gets home. I remember when Anvil had Della spayed, and she had a "good time" trying to keep Della calm, too. I only wish I could GET some of their energy

((Suki)) - Elvis had a toothache, once, and I thought he was DYING! He kept jerking his head back, howling and even the vet tech thought he was having seizures. They checked him out and he had a toothache. Antibiotics fixed him right up.

My furbabies remind me how to live life the right way...eat, play, love people, and "just be", as ((Grateful)) would say. I learn a lot from my furbabies.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 08-10-2010, 02:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Rosie was spayed two weeks ago, I think the vet actually implanted springs in her paws instead! She spent about an hour after I brought her home feeling sorry for herself, then she was bouncing about everywhere just like normal.
Wishing Ku'a a speedy recovery, Randy already sounds recovered but wishing him one too!
Old 08-10-2010, 02:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Eat, sleep, play! DUH! living was not so difficult as I thought lol.
I love how my cats live in the present moment. I read in a Buddhist book some meditations and it included watching a cat play with water.
Today I was woken up with a back massage from Dolce.
Thanks for taking care of so many animals. The world needs more people like us. I have met so many idiots-er, people- that won't even spend $10 for a vaccine.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

As I was at the front desk paying my bill, one of the assistants went back to get Ku'a, and my baby girl walked out into the waiting room on her own! It was a packed house, and everyone ooohed and ahhhhed over her. I happen to run into an old friend there, and I picked Ku'a up so she could rub her ears and get a kiss from her!

She is definitely not springy yet, which is a good thing, and I did give her a pain pill after she was home and settled. I'll get new pictures when she is feeling better.

I still need to get Bagheera and Velcro in for their vaccinations, but I'll wait till next week for that. They are indoor only kitties, so a few extra days while Randy, Ku'a, and my debit card recuperate won't hurt.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I love my second set of 'kids' so much, and they are a huge part of my recovery. I'll be glad to see Ku'a and Randy back to 100% soon, and then hopefully I won't be funding my vet's college fund for her kids for awhile!
I understand this love for your "kids", I got em too.
What a blessing to be able to take care of them.
Beth