Notices

day one again

Old 08-10-2010, 06:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day one again

i fell off the boat and have been pretty hammered for the past several days. Gonna get up, dust myself off and start over again today.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Welcome back.

Have you got a plan for doing things differently this time?
Old 08-10-2010, 03:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Lexie poses a pretty good question, Mr S.
Talking straight, whatever you have been doing, doesn't seem to be doing you much good, man.

What can you do this time that you haven't tried the last few times?

D
Old 08-10-2010, 03:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

Day one's better than Day None. Figure out why you fell off the wagon, and think it through. Every time we have to start over we have the opportunity to learn from it, and come back stronger. I hope you can find a new and better way to stay sober.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi MrSerious,

Hopefully you can make some changes based on what happened and this can be a new beginning for you.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

MrSerious - I'll have to agree with everyone here to re-evaluate what triggered you to go back to the bottle. But I'd also like to suggest that you log on here everyday to read and post. I have found that keeping myself accountable and communicating with all the folks here has really kept my sobriety in full force to move forward.

When you have that urge, fight it, log into SR and share your feelings.

Good luck and we'll see you here tomorrow!
Old 08-10-2010, 07:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Totally agree with Cat... stay in touch with us here in SR. And agree with all the others too who said to re-evaluate your plan. What made you drink and how can you avoid it or deal with it this time?
Old 08-10-2010, 09:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great input in this post Mr. Serious. Please reflect on what happened and what you will do differently this time.

I found that doing the same thing over and over.....ended with the same results.

When I relapsed.....I focused on what I would do differently so I would hopefully finally get this recovery thing.

You need support. Whether you chose AA, SR, counseling, doctors, rehab.....whatever your choice.....You need to have support so you can reach out if you are feeling weak.

You must make sobriety your #1 priority. I found posting each day (I still post often) and each day adding more positive, constructive change is critical.

Wishing and hoping is not enough to battle the beast. You must take action and even if you are shaking for a drink.....get on to SR and post.

We are here for you 24/7 and support you in you quest for sobriety. It is on you to want it and to reach out for help.

Keep sharing and posting. You can do this.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm starting to disagree with your screen name. How about Mr. Notsureireallywanttoquityet?

But seriously, if you really want to quit, and are serious about it take some action and make it happen. Find support through AA, or SMART, or come here and post. I know it sounds funny, but by coming here and reading and posting daily I feel accountable to the board. Obviously no one is going to make you quit, but if you really want to, take some action and get some help. It's sad to read that you keep letting yourself down.

Anyways, good luck, hopefully this next time is the charm!