he sold his car

Old 08-10-2010, 05:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tam

he sold his car

well, 2 weeks ago he appeared at our house with the police to get his car (one I bought him last year) with the young girl..it was tramatic scene (they made it that way)..young girl sat in her car laughing at me, but I kept in control..I will not allow low lifes get me down, Im better than that and many people stand behind me now after finally coming forward. now he sold the car. I guess I shouldnt be surprised as he is hitting rock bottom. but it hurts knowing he gave them money which I really did as I bought the car! they are going bankrupt and their car has been repossed 3 times, it answers the question why they took him in. They will keep going ,they arent done, they want everything I have, well, they arent getting it.
I do worry about the house, it has been ours for over 25 years, I work hard all these years to pay for it, yet he may be entitled to 1/2 of it (my lawyer has stated he would fight that) and I do not have the money for that,but you know what?? Im not filing for divorce, why should I ..so that I have to give up something I have worked so hard at? so that I have to move? I physically/mentally cannot go through chaos of divorce right now and have decided that since I can hold my own, pay the bills, do the chores, Im going to stand proud and hold on, I will not let anyone destroy me !! Next week I have a big cancer scan coming up, I need to concentrate on my health and get through this and stay strong.
I thank god I locked up all jewelry, changed the locks and froze all accounts, I truly believe the high power directed me and gave me strength to get through this. I am thankful for the forum for giving me the tools and guidance in keeping my sanity (doing much much better with my sanity)and protect myself and take care of myself and thankful for all the kind supporting people I have met at meetings. somedays its difficult I know, but I will get through it somehow someway..
Old 08-10-2010, 06:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry that you're having to deal with all of this. It's very hard and it's even harder if our health is suffering. Take care of you.

gentle hugs
Old 08-10-2010, 10:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

sending you good thoughts:ghug3
Old 08-10-2010, 11:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear this It must be very painful for you :ghug3

Take care of yourself first, get through your scan then address the rest. And be kind to yourself every step of the way
Old 08-10-2010, 12:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

((tam))

hate you are going thru so much and I can understand not wanting to go thru the expenses and drama of the divorce - you just might want to seek some advise from your attorney as far as separating yourself from him legally & financially - not sure about your state - but in LOUISIANA - as long as your LEGALLY married - it's a community property state - which means - community DEBT, community Liability, community assets, etc.

anything you continue to acquire could be his, any debts he incurs you could be potentially liable for, not to mention if he causes physical harm to someone else's property.

just some lessons I learned as I walked that dreaded path ~ praying yours is different!

HUGS,
Rita
Old 08-10-2010, 01:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear about your pain. Sending good thoughts your way. Please take time for yourself and keep doing the right thing!

((HUGS))