I am so bad

Old 10-18-2003, 06:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am so bad

Today I was in the drug store and I noticed this couple gossiping. It was pretty obvious who it was about cause they kept sneaking looks at me.

Later we were standing in line to pay for our stuff. They kept looking at me and whispering.

My good self and my bad self were wrestling for control. Guess who won.

My bad self turned around and said real loud. STOP TOUCHING ME. Everyone turned around and stared at him. I think his wife thought he actually did, cause she gave him an evil look. He turned red and mumbled somthing about waiting in the car.

Good thing I was next cause I just barely made it outside before I had a giggling fit.

See Im sharing. ;-)
Old 10-18-2003, 07:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hi cecelia

its late and i don't know if its appropriate or healthy of me to be laughing at this, but who cares...i'm laughing my ass off. thanks. i needed that. and hope your "intervention" made you feel better!!!
Old 10-18-2003, 07:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

How do you think of these things. It was sooo funny.
Old 10-18-2003, 07:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Cecelia...

It's been a long difficult day, and I wouldn't have believed I would have the energy to laugh as hard as I just did. You're my kind of social anarchist.

Hugs,
Smoke
Old 10-18-2003, 07:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

YOU GO GIRL
Glad you were able to laugh and not be paranoid.
That will teach THEM to mess with a midwestern red head codie!!
Old 10-18-2003, 09:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Way to go!! I think it was your good self that allowed you to do that instead of slinking out of there in tears.

I'm glad you stuck up for yourself!
Old 10-18-2003, 09:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Love it! Served them right!
Old 10-19-2003, 08:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Social Anarchist. OOOH I like that! LOL.

Its a funny thing but Ive always been comfortable in my skin so those people really dont bother me. You have to be my friend to hurt my feelings. Sometimes I tend to get too comfortable and go too far into myself. Better be careful or Ill turn into a hermit.

Im not the sort to go running in tears. Besides that I have a hard time being emotional in front of people. If you push me too far Im more apt to give you a verbal whack.
Old 10-19-2003, 10:10 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hehe

Man, I can soooo relate to people always staring and pointing and whispering.... I have stretched ears, huge septum ring, and tons of other modifications, and so I get a lot of reactions wherever I go. I usually just stare back at them....something about that makes people so uncomfortable - but they don't realize what they are doing until you do it back, and it's so funny seeing their faces being confused and unfomfortable....that look where they didn't know I was aware of their staring and pointing...since I'm so used to it, I feel stares from a mile away!! Noone can get away with a whisper about me without me knowing about it!!
One thing I've been wanting to try in that kind of situation is when they begin to stare at me and point, to stick my finger up my nose while looking at them....I think it would cause the funniest reaction from them (that "how dare you!" look!!) ....I really get off from people's reactions to my modifications..it's so funny!!

Take Care All!!
Old 10-19-2003, 12:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Oh I love it, you have cracked me up Cecilia. The last time I got like that was when the hubby drove the car in the neighbors fence. After all was done and they were all standing around "looking and talking" about it. I told them all to go the "f" home, the show was over. They couldn't believe the quiet girl, that doesn't make a sound actually cursed at them. Kind of felt good.