Notices

Whatever

Old 08-09-2010, 08:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Whatever

Good morning am still drunk from last night, I'm sorry. Listening to Aretha!!!Damnit Sucks, sucks.....
Old 08-09-2010, 08:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Time to go to bed !!
Good night !
Old 08-09-2010, 08:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Just wondering JinH, are you trying to do anything about it? Wanting to stop but continuing to drink is what is the insanity of this disease is about. I know, because I have been through the same thing. But if you continue to do what you are doing, nothing is going to change. Try to make a plan to stop drinking, just for today. Do you think you can leave the drink down just for today?

Hope to see you posting because there are many people here, just like you and me, who are willing to help and have a lot of good suggestions.

Hang in there, just for today.

Harry
Old 08-09-2010, 09:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

We need to have courage and be brave to fight the drink, it is probably the toughest opponent you will ever fight in your life. If you dont win it will get you, ruin you, take everything from you, sometimes even your life.

I think you need to sober up and get a big cuppa tea/coffee and sit and read the forums and see that it can be done. There are hundreds of people on here fighting and winning the battle, read the posts and get some tips. Remember that alcohol is a coward and a bully it cannot and will not beat us if we stand up to it.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Its a fight you cant win so give up "the battle", reach out and get some face to face help...
Old 08-09-2010, 11:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Drinking made me feel crappy too...and depression
shoved me into AA.....

Hope this will be your final time to drink.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yeahgr8t, ofc you can win, everything in life is a battle, everything is a choice. Even if we get some face to face help it does not guarantee success until we decide ourselves to fight off the demons of alcohol. Ofc we can win if we want to enough.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi again jnh

It's hard to quit - but there's a ton of support here to help you.

Suzie - for me fighting never did me any good for 20 years...cos I was fighting for control.

When I finally accepted my fundamental inability to control alcohol, and I cut it from my life? It opened up new pathways for me, and things got a lot better

D
Old 08-09-2010, 02:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

That is a feeling I will never miss - waking up still blurry, staggering and foggy. Not refreshed and ready to go. And no matter how hard I tried I was never able to get back to sleep as I had eight hours 'blacked out'.

I had to just sit and wait until I felt sober. The whole world was going about their business and being productive, but not me.

I hope you find a solution to this and know that we are routing for you. I am sure that your son is too............

xx
Old 08-09-2010, 02:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

jekyl, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again. No time for a pity party. Just jump back on the sober wagon, cause if at first you don't succeed, try, try, again.