For Callie

Old 08-08-2010, 04:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

For Callie

You were asking about the mounted drill team that Amber is on. The Pretty Prairie Wildfire Drill Team is a group of experienced women equestrians who perform at rodeos and participate in parades that they are invited to.

This is Amber with her sponsor flag, sorry for the blurry quality.

They always ride into the arena at the beginning of the rodeo with flags of all the sponsors of the rodeo. They also all come in with American flags during the Star Spangled Banner. (Amber is 3rd from the left in this group of 4)

All the horses are decorated, and the riders wear matching outfits/chaps.

So there you go. That's what a mounted drill team is. You can see the rest of the pictures here:
Pretty Prairie Wildfire Drill Team pictures by SIDL-Avatars - Photobucket
Old 08-08-2010, 04:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Your daughter is beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HealingWillCome View Post
Your daughter is beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
Thank you! I think she's beautiful too! Her smile is extra wide these days because she just got her braces off last month after two years!
Old 08-08-2010, 05:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks, ((DeVon)) - I was wondering when you were going to post the pics. Amber IS beautiful...just like her mama

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

Okay, I just looked at the album...LOVE the pics of Amber kissing her horse!!
Old 08-08-2010, 05:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post
Thanks, ((DeVon)) - I was wondering when you were going to post the pics. Amber IS beautiful...just like her mama

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

Okay, I just looked at the album...LOVE the pics of Amber kissing her horse!!
That's always a mutual kiss. Sonny is the most loving, people-oriented horse I have ever been around!

Thanks for the compliment. I think at my age I'll settle for slightly attractive as opposed to beautiful!
Old 08-08-2010, 05:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

She looks fantastic on that horse!
wow, what a beautiful girl.
two years of braces? yeah, that is a fantastic smile too.
thank you for sharing these freedom.
a girl and her horse.
so lovely.

beth
Old 08-08-2010, 05:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Devon NUMBER 1 you daughter is gorgeous. AS IS her horse! Thank you SO MUCH for posting this. I've been around/showing horses my whole life and i cannot tell you what a lifesaver they've been to me and my family. THANK YOU for the pic's and again, your dd is BEAUTIFUL!
Old 08-08-2010, 06:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

Wow, she sure looks a lot like you!

Gorgeous!
Old 08-08-2010, 06:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Wait Devon - I don't think I have ever seen a pic of you. Ante up girl.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

How coooooool! What a great thing to be a part of.
Thanks for sharing these.
peace-
B
Old 08-08-2010, 07:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Callie View Post
Devon NUMBER 1 you daughter is gorgeous. AS IS her horse! Thank you SO MUCH for posting this. I've been around/showing horses my whole life and i cannot tell you what a lifesaver they've been to me and my family. THANK YOU for the pic's and again, your dd is BEAUTIFUL!
Thank you for the compliment. Amber started training in dressage at 10 years old with a gal who competed professionally in dressage for several years until health issues forced her to retire.

She trained for 6 years, and then continued to work their horses for them on a regular basis. They had mostly Morgans, one German Warmblood (who was the trainer's dressage horse), and a Morgan/Friesen gelding.

I posted a picture last year when I got my new glasses, but you must not have seen it. I've gone to a platinum blonde since this was taken, and a shorter spiky 'do.'
Old 08-08-2010, 08:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Yep, as said beautiful girl, and now we can see which stable Amber comes from, cause her dam is a beauty herself.

Now I can put a face to the post.....yippee.

Congrats all round.

God bless
Old 08-09-2010, 09:07 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I wanted to say hi to another drill mom. My kids ride on the 4-H drill team, the Lee county Texas Stars. She looks great. I love drill for the kids.It teaches them so much. H
Old 08-09-2010, 10:56 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hadassah View Post
I wanted to say hi to another drill mom. My kids ride on the 4-H drill team, the Lee county Texas Stars. She looks great. I love drill for the kids.It teaches them so much. H
That's wonderful! 4-H is such a terrific organization for kids. Amber and her heart dog Toby were in the 4-H dog project for 7 years, and they won a lot of purple and blue ribbons in obedience and showmanship.

I miss things like that since I'm an empty nester now. I always think of Toby (who passed away almost a year ago) when I go to the state fair because he qualified for the 4-H dog show at the state fair all 7 years.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:06 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

lovely momma, lovely daughter, lovely horse- great times! thanks for sharing this. uplifting.
i like your pic- looks like it was taken in the sun of evening. my favorite time of day.
hugs
Old 08-09-2010, 05:50 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chicory View Post
lovely momma, lovely daughter, lovely horse- great times! thanks for sharing this. uplifting.
i like your pic- looks like it was taken in the sun of evening. my favorite time of day.
hugs
It was taken in the evening, and my favorite time of the day too.

I like to sit out in the lawn chair with the dogs and listen to the cicadas and their summer song. Unfortunately our heat index has been running 107 in the late afternoon, so we haven't done that lately.

Hugs to you too!
Old 08-09-2010, 06:33 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I knew you'd be gorgeos Devon! Thanks for posting! Like mother, like daughter. Everyone always told me that I looked exactly like my mom and dd looks exactly like me. If I can age as well as she can, I'll take it. I have a beautiful mom. Hopefully dd agrees? We'll see.

Devon 4-H is such a terrific organization for kids I couldn't agree more. It is such a NICE organization. One that I grew up in and raised hogs, showed horses and did exceptionally well at sewing. Truth be told, I HATE sewing, but loved fashion @ the time. Luckily when dd took sewing this year my mom stepped in. We're in the midst of hogs. It's so cute to see my kids dealing with them because it is a whole new environment!. What's best is that through all of the crap that I've been through/we've been through we can do this together.

DS took sewing (mom totally took this boat) DD and DS took woodworking (I ended up with this one) And they got COUNTY for all 3! I was so proud of the three of us! Looking back doing this, I was totally stressed, but I'm so glad that they did this. And THEY did! Hogs are next, which comes around the first week of Sept.

Thanks Dev for bringing this up. Sometimes from the outside looking in it seems like we're so enveloped in our twisted mess. I won't say that I'm not, but my kids and their stuff is number one. Oh, throw soccer and "ME"coaching yet again. I hate what xah has put us through, but I'll be damn#$ if life doesn't move on.

Thanks Freedom! It's good to put a gorgeous face to a name. I've always wanted to do that. Post his pic to his name just so you wouldn't think he's an animal even with what he's done. I've also wanted you guys to see me. I just wanted you guys to know that I'm not so succombing (sp?) maybe? We all love our addicts don't we. Or we wouldn't be here.