Notices

Messed up after 11 days :(

Old 08-08-2010, 03:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Messed up after 11 days :(

Well I made it to 11 days and have spent the last 3-4 drunk.

Very disapointed in myself. The cravings came on so hard for 3days stright and I gave in. I've been drinking again today but tomrrow AM i'll be starting over. I really need to, cant let my life go on like this.

Old 08-08-2010, 03:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that gcc. But glad you came back here for support.

Maybe make a plan for how you'll deal with your cravings when you re-start your sober life.... they're going to happen at least occasionally; might as well be prepared.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Sorry for the slip, gcc,

I agree with what soberbythesea said, you need a PLAN. Have you tried AA? I found that going to meetings EVERY DAY for three months got me off to a solid start. It got me focused on what I was doing, reminded me every day why I was doing it, gave me a network of sober people around me for support, and gave me something to do every day when I would normally have been drinking. Worth a shot, you don't want to have to go through this again.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Gcc~Sorry about that. Tomorrow is another day. When you say drunk the past 3-4 days...like all day or just the evenings? Just wondering.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back gcc

Great advice here - dump the booze, start again tomorrow and look to what you can add to what you've been doing.

It takes work, especially learning to reach out before we cave.

It's hard to stay sober - but it's harder on us not to.

D
Old 08-08-2010, 03:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the replies everoyne.

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
Sorry for the slip, gcc,

I agree with what soberbythesea said, you need a PLAN. Have you tried AA? I found that going to meetings EVERY DAY for three months got me off to a solid start. It got me focused on what I was doing, reminded me every day why I was doing it, gave me a network of sober people around me for support, and gave me something to do every day when I would normally have been drinking. Worth a shot, you don't want to have to go through this again.
I did plan to go to AA but never made it. This was my first go after 5years of real heavy drinking, first few days were hell, and the rest of the week was decent but on day 11 or 12 I took that drink and here I am. If my body goes throuh another detox, whch I assume it will I'll be waiting that out and get into a AA meeting right away.

Originally Posted by HReady View Post
Gcc~Sorry about that. Tomorrow is another day. When you say drunk the past 3-4 days...like all day or just the evenings? Just wondering.
The first 2days I just drank in the evenings, 3rd day I started drinking in the morning (weekend) and today I've been into it all afternoon. Csn't believe I made it 11days and just tosse it aside for no reason.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome back gcc

Great advice here - dump the booze, start again tomorrow and look to what you can add to what you've been doing.

It takes work, especially learning to reach out before we cave.

It's hard to stay sober - but it's harder on us not to.

D
Thanks Dee.

So upset I let myself head down this horrible path again, even after seeing the light. I plan to clean up tomorrow, couldnt take this week off work but I have the following week off which i think will help me out a lot. My job is stressful and drinking makes it easier. The plan is to carry out this week sober and take the next week off and get away from it all.
Old 08-08-2010, 05:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

Oh gcc, I'm so sorry you are are going to have to go through this. But this is what I always say.... Day 1 is better than Day None. How do you like that? Made that one up myself!! Get back on the horse my friend. Its a very good idea to have a plan. Maybe something as intense as AA, or maybe a small step, like every time a craving hits you can take a walk, or call a friend. And most of all keep posting and reading!
Old 08-08-2010, 05:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

gcc - sorry for your set back but am glad you came here which means you're serious about quitting.

The next time (if there will be a next time) you want a drink, just think of how painful the detoxing is. I believe that is what absolutely turns me off from even considering drinking again.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Gcc~Dust yourself off and get back in the saddle.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Don't beat yourself up. It doesn't help. Just charge forward and make this happen for yourself because YOU CAN. Glad you posted today instead of giving up..
Old 08-08-2010, 11:43 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Many of us had false starts before we actually quit.
....Good to know you are planning to move forward

Hope your de tox goes smoothly.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:04 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Happens to the best of us.
Do your best !