Notices

Hello newbie

Old 08-05-2010, 02:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello newbie

Hi

I am hoping the forum can give me some support . I am a mother of a twenty year old daughter that has been addicted to drugs since she was 16 . She came back to me when she was 17 as she asked for my help, she was at the time smoking Heroin. I don't think she was honest about everything but i moved her 150 miles away from where she was living so she wasn't around her co dependants. She went threw a methadone program and subutex program and was clean for over a year or so i thought. I had a call from her key worker saying they were concerned for her and that they was going to report her missing .. i suspected that she maybe using again but nothing prepared me for what i have found out over the last few weeks.
She is now using Heroin and crack cocaine and is injecting i dont no how many times a day . She has been arrested and is now on bail for several shop lifting offences there is also a possibilty she is selling herself.. she has total distanced herself from us and the rest of the family and im at a loss .. i am constantly waiting for the knock on the door to tell me she is gone ... she is also a diabetic and she is not managing this at all... i am showing tough love and she does no i love her as when she was arrested i asked the police man to tell her , i also no i cant help her until she wants to help herself .... but she called her grandparents and told them she didnt care if she lived or died .... feeling helpless very alone and totally bloody useless just wanted to share with some people who maybe going thew the same thing parent addict or brother and sister ....only someone going or gone threw this is going to understand .

thank you all for reading my post i look forward to seeing your replys.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi twentyquid

I don't have much experience to share with you, except to say I empathise with feeling useless and helpless when someone you love goes off the rails.

I hope you'll visit our Family and Friends forums as well as this one.

Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

You'll find a lot of hope and support here on SR
Welcome
D
Old 08-05-2010, 02:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi,

I am very sorry for what you are going through regarding your daughter and I hope that she seeks help.

There is support here for you to help you get through this. We also have two Friends and Families forums on the board where you can post and read.

Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 08-05-2010, 04:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Hi, Twentyquid,

Welcome, you will find a lot of good support here. I'm sorry your daughter is in such a bad place right now. You can't do much to help her until she is ready, but there is a lot you can do to help yourself.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

I'm so sorry for what you are going through. As a mother myself, I imagine it is very difficult to be in your shoes. I hope you find some help, and also peace.