Starting over.....and ok with it

Old 08-05-2010, 10:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Starting over.....and ok with it

Well surgery was a success with no major drama, but I am still off work and a bit run down and getting a bit stir crazy too.

EXBF and I called it quits officially.... He spent 20 mins with me the day before my surgery (we were both off work), the day of my surgery he spent 1/2 hr there and then was off to his reunion, then he TEXTED me the day after my surgery, from his reunion to tell me he wanted to date other people, and then refused to pick the phone up when I called him back immediately.....I finally sent him a text that read "you have 5mins to call me back or I call M's husband and tell him everything"-the phone rang immediately. Sad part is I'd have never done that but was sooo angry that he would send me a TEXT like that the day after surgery that I knew that would get to him and it did....Needless to say he won't speak to me now, said he forgives me but that he will not be strong armed or manipulated etc, and will call me about seeing my son-as he still wants to see him....For some reason I'm just enjoying the calm without all his confusion and drama.

Honestly, I feel good about it.....and at peace that the end finally came with it all. I plan on dating here and there but nothing serious for awhile until I regroup and focus on me and my recovery.

One day at a time.......
Old 08-05-2010, 11:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Sad part is I'd have never done that
I agree. This is very sad. Why won't you let that poor man know about his wife's affair?
Old 08-05-2010, 11:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Why are you resorting to blackmail to get some guy to call you? It is not your place to tell anyone's husband or wife anything. It is none of YOUR business. I don't blame him one bit for not speaking with you. Not that his actions are any better, but that is one screwed up "relationship."
Old 08-05-2010, 03:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

You are one person who really confuses me....I just don't get your behavior, and, to top it off, after all this drama, you still are going to take calls from him so he can see your son?

I agree with Suki, this is one screwed up relationship.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

12StepnChick, it isn't easy is it. I have been there several times (sadly!) - and I know how low and desperate you can feel when they ignore you, especially in a time of pain or loneliness or need (like after your surgery.)

I have resorted to all sorts of ridiculous lows just to "get" to my past exes and it's just our disease is what it is. Recovery helps so much, doesn't it.

I also had issues with my exes wanting to either see my son or, in the case of my XAH, our 2 dogs. I had to really put my recovery first and that meant, no. Sorry but no visits, no contact, nothing.

I think it's going to be baby steps for you but please stay strong, keep going to Al Anon meetings and keep NO CONTACT with him. It's such a slippery slope.

Hang in there! Keep posting.

Hugs,
Soph