Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

Yet another chance to "turn loose of the out come". Thanks HP.

Old 07-30-2010, 01:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Awakening

As may of you know LMC (Little Mis Coyote), has been on summer vacation down at Gmom/mom's. There is a lot of alcoholism and dysfunction down there, no one is in recovery. Probably not a good place for living things.

I shared here before that I was informed that the mom may be dying, and even though she has supervised visitation (by her mom, the Gmom) 1 block away, I decided to let the Gmom make the call of how the visitation would play out. She decided to let LMC stay with mom, in a back and forth kind of set up. Gmom works, mom does not.

I was further influenced by the notion that if LMC wasn't allowed to "spend time" with her mom, this might be her last opportunity to do so. Not an easy decision.

The Gmom has called me twice this week, apparently, LMC has had enough and is acting out in a big way, so she will be home Sat. morn. 2 weeks early. I will handle it.

One of LMC's concerns was who she would be left with while I work. I haven't shared that I'm laid off yet, as not to worry her further. I told her Wednesday, not to worry that I was taking this next week off to be with her, I know, not 100% honest, but technically the truth. I will tell her after she settles in.

I got home from an errand today and the HR lady from work called and wants me to come back to work Monday. I can't do that under the circumstances, and returned her call and told her why. I said in one week yes, but Monday no. I need lead time for childcare at least.

I may lose my chance to go back altogether, they may call the other guy back, I may lose my unemployment benefits. I won't worry about that.

I have to turn loose of the out come and leave it in HP's capable hands. I have to have faith that the outcome, whatever that may be will be in my/LMC's best interest. I will be fine what ever happens.

The HR lady said she'd have to go down and run it past the powers that be, and I'm awaiting her call. It's been over an hour, I will check in when I know

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Coyote))) - I have a feeling they will work with you. If not, you are making the BEST decision (IMO) for you and LMC, and hey..you've still got your other business you can work on!!

It will be okay, because you're doing everything right

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 07-30-2010, 01:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post
(((Coyote))) - I have a feeling they will work with you. If not, you are making the BEST decision (IMO) for you and LMC, and hey..you've still got your other business you can work on!!

It will be okay, because you're doing everything right

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Yes, I do have the other business. And you are right, if they don't work with me, I really wouldn't want to be there.

Mostly thanks for reminding me, I am doing the RIGHT thing by keeping my word to a troubled little kid.

Coyote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I second what Impurrfect said. That was the first thing that popped into my head that you made the right decision to keep your word to LMC. Especially if a big milestone loss is on the way - it is sooooo great you are providing a consistent loving routine for your daughter.

Sending out good vibes to you and LMC!
peace-
B
Old 07-30-2010, 01:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Remember this quote from your signature line...

"Don't make someone your priority, when all you are to them is an option" - Minnie SR 09/07

Don't make your employer a priority over your daughter. All you are to them is an option they dropped and are trying to take advantage of again when it didn't work out for them.

You know entirely that what is important most in life to you is the health and well being of you and LMC. Nowhere in there is what some fickle employer wants.

Stay the course and don't second guess yourself or your faith!!

Alice
Old 07-30-2010, 02:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by ItsmeAlice View Post
Remember this quote from your signature line...

"Don't make someone your priority, when all you are to them is an option" - Minnie SR 09/07

Stay the course and don't second guess yourself or your faith!!

Alice
My sig DOES mean exactly what you said, never thought of it with reference to work, but too true. Right under my nose too. Ha. Thanks.

There will be NO second guessing of faith around here!

Coyote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Awakening

It's 5:30pm on a Friday, guess they're not gonna call. I didn't want to leave anyone hanging.......unlike my prior employer. Ha. That wouldn't be right.

Coyote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Coyote,

I think you should call them Monday afternoon, and see if they want you to start the following week. Could be an incompentent HR person that's not getting back with you... ya know.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by hello-kitty View Post
Hi Coyote,

I think you should call them Monday afternoon, and see if they want you to start the following week. Could be an incompentent HR person that's not getting back with you... ya know.
Oh, yeah, I didn't get her call till around 2pm. I'm sure on a Friday after noon the powers that be may have not been available. Plus, they can't really make any decisions without the union input, impossible on a Friday eve.

Either way, I am prepared. That's what's so great about this "turning loose of the out come" stuff. More will be revealed, and I will proceed accordingly. No sense in getting my boxers in a bunch.

Besides, I need to save my energy for........"THE TRANSITION PERIOD". The period which follows my little kids extended stay at her Gmom's home. It's never pretty!

It usually takes me by surprise, but not this time baby.

Coyote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

Oh Coyote, it'll all work out

*I keep telling myself that too
Old 07-30-2010, 04:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

More will be revealed, and I will proceed accordingly. No sense in getting my boxers in a bunch.
you are one cool dude coyote.

Hi Ho Silver! Away!
Old 07-30-2010, 05:16 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hugs, Coyote. Wishing both you and LMC strength and serenity.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:17 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Every time you post coyote you inspire me. Especially when dealing with LMC, I've got two boys and I feel like I'm feeling my way through this in the dark. Thanks for shining a little light. Keep up the good work, I'm paying close attention and attempting to follow suit.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:22 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SheCanRun View Post
Every time you post coyote you inspire me. Especially when dealing with LMC, I've got two boys and I feel like I'm feeling my way through this in the dark. Thanks for shining a little light. Keep up the good work, I'm paying close attention and attempting to follow suit.

Well, I've only got one amazing boy, but you know what I mean.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:36 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by SheCanRun View Post
Aw, thanks SCR.

Man, I know exactly what you mean. No instructions, and believe me, I'm winging it.

Kind of funny, all day, I've been a little worried about LMC, I was given zero details and have learned to not bother asking.

But then it occurred to me, pfft, I should be worried about the adults down there, after all theres only 4 or 5 of them, against ALL of her. SHE is a force to be reckoned with.

Coyote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:00 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Hope it works out in the best possible way, Coyote,

You did the right thing. Thanks for the upbeat post--I have a lot of uncertainty in my own life, now, and that's always been harder for me to manage than the disasters (with uncertain situations there's still sometimes the illusion of control, lol). You're handling it with grace and aplomb.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:21 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
Hope it works out in the best possible way, Coyote,

You did the right thing. Thanks for the upbeat post--I have a lot of uncertainty in my own life, now, and that's always been harder for me to manage than the disasters (with uncertain situations there's still sometimes the illusion of control, lol). You're handling it with grace and aplomb.
Thanks LexieCat,

You know, things almost always do work out. I've just learned that in the last few years.

I've never been accused of having grace or aplomb, heck to be honest, I had to look up aplomb. But I hold that as a very high compliment, thanks.

Coyote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:29 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by wicked View Post
you are one cool dude coyote.

Hi Ho Silver! Away!
At first glance I thought you said I was one cool "dud". Ha!

Coyote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:26 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

You know what I think of you Coyote, and I have no doubt that your HP has it all planned. I do wish however that mine would give me a teensy hint sometimes.

Oh well, I just sent my plea for you, up to the "Big Boss", so it is now waiting time.

God bless
Old 07-31-2010, 08:15 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Besides, I need to save my energy for........"THE TRANSITION PERIOD". The period which follows my little kids extended stay at her Gmom's home. It's never pretty!
Could you please elaborate on this some, Coyote21? Provide some details about her behavior or whatever? Because my BF has two children who live with their A&A mother and when they come here, I am dumbfounded by the way they speak and the way they behave. I try not to be judgmental (as in all my affairs, with all people) but honestly, I have never experienced children like this before. I THINK it is because they live in a toxic environment with a toxic person, but I cannot say for sure because I do not personally live there. I have my suspicions though. All the literature I read about children whose parents divorce, says to not attribute bad behavior to te other spouse. So, I am confused about this. Can you please share?