Proud of myself!

Old 07-29-2010, 07:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Proud of myself!

So, I did it. I deleted my ex ahbf and his friends (who are actually nice people, we don't talk anymore, though, and my ex was sort of our 'connection') from Facebook. And IM. And everywhere else. There's something liberating about that, in one quick click of a button. The last we spoke a couple of days ago, I told him that I cared about him, and that I wish he'd get in touch with the sober dude I once knew, because he's actually a really cool guy. I just haven't seen him around in a long, long time, and the guy that drinks is someone I loathe.

It doesn't matter if any of this sunk into his head. It was for me. Sure, I hope it did, but. Who knows, he's out of his mind. I'll continue to pray, and I did tell him that if he finds sobriety, and wants a friend, I hope he looks me up, because I'd be here for him. I told him that I knew him, deep, and I knew what an amazing person he is underneath all that sick, and that I hope he finds himself, because I miss him immensely. I told him to take care of himself, and that was that. Delete, delete, delete. Oh, I toyed with it. Why don't I leave my Facebook open "just in case" he needs me? Bah, eff that. He's got my phone number. (He won't call. Too chicken.) He knows how to get ahold of me if he really wanted to. The whole online thing is way too convenient.

And now, off for a nice hot relaxing shower. Ahhhhhh. Free at last.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Nice work, girl!!!
Old 07-29-2010, 09:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well done, and you deserve a lovely long soak under the shower.

God bless
Old 07-29-2010, 09:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

very nice. good for you
Old 07-30-2010, 02:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
kia

think that was such a brave thing to do and one thing i felt unable to do well done u xxxxkia
Old 07-30-2010, 08:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Well done! I did the same and stop talking to anyone who we had "in common"
In reality those are his friends not mine
And I realized they were not so great after all. Never gave an ounce of support - when strangers in other countries express more care than the "friend" just next to you, it makes you wonder.......
I am starting to focus and reconnecting with old friends that truly care about me.
I will see who was my best friend in elementary school after 19 years !
I am looking forward to cultivate and meet new people who are on my wavelength.
Congrats
Old 07-31-2010, 01:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Grrl77,
I’m so proud of you! I’m celebrating six whole months and it is so,so hard. My first step was changing all phone #’s. Second step trying to stop finding reasons to call him. Third, all my belongings can be replaced and he just kept them in order to have a hold over me anyway. At the end of every month I get so excited that I made it another month. Sunday August 1 is almost here and as much as I miss his sweet loving, I pray for strength. I don’t miss the smell of stinky old alcohol coming from his breath or pores or both. When you start missing him, read, read and read again all these stories. I will always be a dreamer and in my dreams he is a perfect man that doesn’t lie, cheat and steal from the mortgage and grocery fund, he even comes home on time and doesn’t embarrass the children when their friends stop by, I don’t even have to hide beer cans and liquor bottles, but I’m her in the real world and have to face the fact personalities don’t change without help, lots and lots of help. In the real world even Jesse James broke Sandra Bullock’s heart. Keep strong and have patients, mark the calendar…You can do it!
Old 07-31-2010, 08:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

we need to set boundaries for US and our recovery..(now to stick with them..)

CONGRATS...if any other questions, we at SR are always here for you...just RING...you know where the phone is
Old 07-31-2010, 08:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Good job!!!