My Lawyer appointment today

Old 07-27-2010, 03:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Lawyer appointment today

Hello ((SR))..
I met with my lawyer today. My stbxah was served on 7/20 with divorce papers.

A while ago when I was still speaking to my stxah he told me he met a lawyer in a bar that was going to represent him. I thought he was kidding. He wasnt. My lawyer told me she was working late on a Friday night when the office phone rang and she answered. It was my stbxah's lawyer who told her he was sitting next to his client and that they received the paper work and that my stbxah wants nothing from me. When my lawyer asked how she can contact this attorney, he told her he didnt have an office yet but gave her his name and cell phone number and said he could be checked in the lawyer directory. My lawyer could tell the man was not exactly coherent so she asked for a letter from him about him representing my stxah. During the conversation as my lawyer proceeded to tell him that as nice as it was that my stbxah didnt want anything from me we were requesting support from him. The lawyer told her that wasnt necessary. LOL. During the whole conversation he would tell her to "hold on" so he can confer with his client and he would cover the mouth piece of his phone as he spoke to my stbxah. She said at one point she asked if this was a joke. She said it took her a lot of self control to not start laughing at the situation. So his lawyer called to tell her that my stxah wants nothing from me but a divorce during happy hour probably from the back of a bar. NICE! I am still laughing. Seems nothing has really changed on his end.

Hugs
Lulu
Old 07-27-2010, 03:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

So...A letter from STBXH's attorney may actually be written on a bar napkin!

Amazing!
Old 07-27-2010, 03:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

Originally Posted by Pelican View Post

Amazing!
haha! Maybe I should go hang out at a bar to find a cheap attorney!
Old 07-27-2010, 03:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think it puts a totally new meaning to the phrase, "called to the bar".

Yes, Stillwaters what have you been wasting all this time and effort calling lawyers at offices.....DUh...hit the bars. Mind you, it doesn't sound like this bloke is exactly up to the standard of Perry Mason does it.

God bless
Old 07-27-2010, 03:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jadmack25 View Post
I think it puts a totally new meaning to the phrase, "called to the bar".

Yes, Stillwaters what have you been wasting all this time and effort calling lawyers at offices.....DUh...hit the bars. Mind you, it doesn't sound like this bloke is exactly up to the standard of Perry Mason does it.

God bless
:rotfxko

oh jadmack, you are the best!

lulu, i say you got nothing to worry about. hehehehehe

stillwaters, find the attorney in the bar, but at least get him to step outside to work the phone!

belly up to the bar everyone!
Old 07-27-2010, 04:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well. I am still speechless but laughing. I cant believe I was married to this idiot. I mean seriously!! Your drunk calling my lawyer now???? It never ceases to amaze how the alcoholic mind works. Just when I thought I had seen it all. I can imagine the two of them (his lawyer and my stbah) stumbling into court the day of our hearing with each holding a bottle of jack daniels and singing danny boy. My life may soon be broacast on youtube if that happened!
Old 07-27-2010, 04:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pelican View Post

Amazing!
I am dieing with laughter but a part of me feels you may not be far off on this one!!!
Old 07-27-2010, 04:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lulu1974 View Post
Well. I am still speechless but laughing. I cant believe I was married to this idiot. I mean seriously!! Your drunk calling my lawyer now???? It never ceases to amaze how the alcoholic mind works. Just when I thought I had seen it all. I can imagine the two of them (his lawyer and my stbah) stumbling into court the day of our hearing with each holding a bottle of jack daniels and singing danny boy. My life may soon be broacast on youtube if that happened!
can you bring in a video cam?
are the proceedings taped?
heheheheh
okay, i am wicked.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

Originally Posted by lulu1974 View Post
I'm right with you on that one lulu. I got some paperwork back from mine the other day. Answers to questions that are supposed to be short, precise, succinct. He practically went into how many bowel movements he has a day. Paragraphs and paragraphs, all about him.

I just shake my head.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Oh, my,

This lawyer has tears in her eyes.

It is just TOO FUNNY, the whole scenario. I often say, in my business, you couldn't MAKE this $h*t up.

I gotta share what I personally witnessed in court last week. A guy is in court for a domestic violence charge. His lawyer filed a motion to dismiss the indictment. After a phone call to the victim, the female prosecutor agrees to allow the guy to plead to a petty disorderly persons offense (mutual fighting) for probation (to terminate once fines paid). I notice the defendant lean back in his chair and mouth "Thank you!" to the prosecutor.

Two minutes, the plea is on the record, sentence is imposed. As the guy is leaving, he crouches down to talk to the (seated) prosecutor, to whisper something to her. Her eyes get big, and she says, "That would be HIGHLY inappropriate!" The guy shrugs and gets up, strolling out the courtroom.

Turns out he asked her OUT TO LUNCH. Um, yeah, I'm sure the prosecutor who knows you beat up women is just DYING to go out with you.

Clueless. Amazing.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
Oh, my,

This lawyer has tears in her eyes.

It is just TOO FUNNY, the whole scenario. I often say, in my business, you couldn't MAKE this $h*t up.

I gotta share what I personally witnessed in court last week. A guy is in court for a domestic violence charge. His lawyer filed a motion to dismiss the indictment. After a phone call to the victim, the female prosecutor agrees to allow the guy to plead to a petty disorderly persons offense (mutual fighting) for probation (to terminate once fines paid). I notice the defendant lean back in his chair and mouth "Thank you!" to the prosecutor.

Two minutes, the plea is on the record, sentence is imposed. As the guy is leaving, he crouches down to talk to the (seated) prosecutor, to whisper something to her. Her eyes get big, and she says, "That would be HIGHLY inappropriate!" The guy shrugs and gets up, strolling out the courtroom.

Turns out he asked her OUT TO LUNCH. Um, yeah, I'm sure the prosecutor who knows you beat up women is just DYING to go out with you.

Clueless. Amazing.
OMG!!!!! What is wrong with these people!! I am laughing but shocked at the same time!
Old 07-27-2010, 08:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Awakening

My axw was sitting in her attorneys office and noticed a fax laying on his desk from the DA that was going to try her appeal of our custody case the next day. Hand written on this fax was the DA's personal cell phone number.

In a moment of infinite wisdom, my axw wrote the number down.

The next morning before our trial, my lawyer, her lawyer and the DA were huddled up having a heated discussion in the hall. I could see that the DA was red faced with anger. After a few moments, my lawyer came over to me laughing.

"Guess who your axw called last night at 10pm at home, to give a piece of her mind, obviously wasted"?

No............., REALLY, If I'm lying, I'm dying. Let's just say, THAT didn't help her case.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:22 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm not surprised. I'm a lawyer, and we have a huge percentage of lawyers with substance abuse and addiction issues. It does blow my mind that there are lawyers who would call opposing counsel from the bar though.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:21 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wanting View Post
I'm not surprised. I'm a lawyer, and we have a huge percentage of lawyers with substance abuse and addiction issues. It does blow my mind that there are lawyers who would call opposing counsel from the bar though.
Lol, I work for a big old law firm and I never thought this kind of thing happened either! Most of my bosses have giant sticks stuffed very far up their arses (no offense wanting...I'm sure it's not the case for ALL lawyers!) and fall all over themselves to make sure they appear professional.