Notices

My own expierence with Step 3

Old 07-26-2010, 04:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My own expierence with Step 3

I made this decision more difficult and complicated for myself than what needed to be. I didn't have a clue as to how this was suppose to work or how it was going to work.

My own thoughts were, what am I going to become? Like a puppet on strings and God was going to have to pull the strings to direct me. If not, then just how?

Meanwhile I had been going to a Beginners Step 1, 2 and 3 meeting reading from the 12 Steps and 12 Traditions book. I went every week faithfully, for a long time, because I wanted to learn. I don't know how many times I read Step 3 at that meeting but then from out of no where one night, it was like the words were printed in bold letters. CONFORM OUR WILL TO GOD'S." So it was then I finally got the idea of how to turn my will over to God. Turning my life over to God was to me, to live my life as a person God would want me to be. It was still some time later that I started going to a Big Book Step Study Meeting and got a sponsor, from that meeting, who had been through the Steps the same way, to help direct me through the process. And when it did come time for Step 3, making a decision wasn't so confused and I was ready to do so.

There is no easier, softer way. This is a simple program for complicated people.

I can complicate puting soft butter on a soft piece of bread, all by myself.

I hope and wish for you, the same things I want for myself....joy, peace, happiness and freedom.

Harry
Old 07-28-2010, 04:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I like your post, yes I too could complicate a free dinner! Turning my power over to my Higher Power everyday is the only way to reach this for me , trying not to take that power back is the real issue.