Slightly OT-Update on Mr. Nojob......

Old 07-23-2010, 12:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Awakening

Slightly OT-Update on Mr. Nojob......

Hi all,

Got a message from our union shop steward this morning.

I'm thinking, oh crap, here I've got this excellent opportunity to start my little business and they're gonna want to call me back. And if I say no, I loose my unemployment benefits. Crap, crap, crap.

So instead of calling right back, I pondered it a while, as I was "practicing" on a neighbors car.

Here's what I decided before I returned his call. If they call me back, a "for sure" paycheck trumps a "maybe" paycheck. I can always pursue my little dream job on "the side". So I turned loose of all anxiety, and let go of the out come, and made the call.

He told me that he filed 10 "grievances" with the union this morning on my behalf. Seems the "other" 2 drivers who replaced me and the other guy, are both on "extended medical light duty". Both were not used to the much more physically demanding aspect of the job, one has a hurt shoulder and the other has a hernia. I would never wish anything bad on my coworkers, I like both of these guys, but it is what it is.

Seems that in their absence several supervisory-management types have been taking up the slack the last 2 weeks, and that is a BIG NO NO in a union shop. Who knew.

Any who, he said they are fighting to get me back, but at the very least......and here is where it gets really good........the company would have to pay me for these last 2 weeks w/overtime, where the managers have basically been doing "my union job". Too funny.

Just wanted to share my example of "not" reacting, pondering, and turning loose of the out come of things over which I have ZERO control anyway. HP seems to work things out in ways, that I never even knew "the possibilities of" existed.

I saw examples of this over and over at then end of my marriage/beginning of my recovery. It helps build faith.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Coyote))) - I know that whatever happens out with your job(s), you will be good. You're obviously a valuable asset to your company, and you've already been working on a "backup plan" that, I believe, will be a success.

Isn't it amazing when we let go, messages come to us that we're doing the right thing?

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 07-23-2010, 12:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Congratulations!

I'm thinking it might be best to go back if you can. Like you said, you can always work on your other venture on the side. Besides, there's something comforting about having a steady paycheck since it would probably take quite a while to get your new business producing reliable steady income.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good work in letting go and letting God!!

Great lessons in what you're going through right now.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

nice to know you're receive 2 weeks pay you weren't expecting.

i do understand how these random events build faith.

keep surrendering.

naive
Old 07-23-2010, 02:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post
(((Coyote))) - I know that whatever happens out with your job(s), you will be good. You're obviously a valuable asset to your company, and you've already been working on a "backup plan" that, I believe, will be a success.

Isn't it amazing when we let go, messages come to us that we're doing the right thing?

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Yup!

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Nice when letting go, having faith, and being a hard and talented worker pay off with bonuses. Very cool, Coyote!