Notices

At its worst now

Old 07-22-2010, 07:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

At its worst now

feeling so anxious and depressed in bed. This is the first night after the first day sober and it is even more difficult than I imagined it would be. I can forget about sleep. My chest is tight and my heart is pumping. Im sweating and nauseous. Didnt think I could return to this level of withdrawal, Im sure tomorrow night will be rough too but I am feeling the very moment of totality. Any old heads here who are struggling to remain sober have a read of this and it should be enough for you to keep you sober. Well I just forced down a grapefruit and am going to have to work tomorrow. Its a blessing as I would drive myself mad if I spent another day on my own like this. If any of you are spiritual, a prayer would be appreciated.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Hang in there, eddie, and please, if it gets too bad, call 911 or go to the ER. They can give you meds to help your withdrawal. It can be deadly, you know.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Prayers from me!! I remember the withdrawals. 9 days for me and much better so I promise it gets better!
Old 07-22-2010, 07:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

No Im not going to die tonight, I know the difference between heavy withdrawal and mild to moderate which Im experiencing. I have to feel the pain of my consequence in order to stay sober long term
Old 07-22-2010, 07:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sorry you are having a rough go of it. I would say "stay strong" but you obviously are. It takes more strength than most will know. Know that I will pray for you.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Prayers out Eddie.

And I appreciate you've done this before but Suki's right - if you have any worries at all phone a Dr or the hospital.

Trust me, it's better to be safe than sorry

D
Old 07-22-2010, 07:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Please get help if it gets bad. It doesn't last forever, it just feels like it. Hang on and be safe.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You'll be in my prayers tonight. I know it's hell
Old 07-22-2010, 09:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Sending prayers....

Water helps flush out toxins...try sipping it at room temperature.
Drink as much as possible.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, Im sipping water all night and lying down with my eyes closed. Doing a serious amount of soul searching. I definitely will not forget this night in a hurry. I have to work today so hopefully by tonight I will be exhausted enough to sleep. Temperature not as hectic now but my anxiety is causing me to gasp a little bit. I am truly afraid to drink again. Thats what I set out to achieve and have set down a marker
Old 07-22-2010, 09:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You said it right, Eddie. You have to feel the pain of withdrawal in hopes that it will be a deterrent for next time. It's horrible right now and you know that WE know that as we have ALL been through it.
We are here for you.
Teri
Old 07-22-2010, 09:57 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Prayers from here, Eddie. Can you get a couple of hours of sleep before work? If not, keep in mind that you never have to go through this again. Best wishes.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:45 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

eddie i will be praying for you tonight... thanks for sharing... it also helps us (me) and please becareful...goodluck to you
Jen
Old 07-22-2010, 10:53 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thank you Eddie for reminding me of that feeling, and why i never want to drink again. Good luck, you will get through it!
Old 07-22-2010, 11:29 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks guys for your understanding. I wont be logging on today as I have to work. I will try to get on tomorrow as I do feel I need help, even if it is on a forum it is still understanding. Thanks again and hope to log in when I feel more positive
Old 07-22-2010, 11:39 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Been There

Hope your feeling better when you read this. Each day get a little better, although my day 2 was the worst. I had to take it 10 minutes at a time, instead of one day at a time.

Every waking moment is a chance to turn it all around.

Just for today
Old 07-23-2010, 03:27 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I remember that awfull gasping that you describe. When I was coming down off a binge of alcohol and drugs then I used to always get really panicky that I was going to swallow my tongue or stop breathing as my breathing would be all out of sync. My mind would suddenly race and i would jump up and be gasping for breath. I remember pacing around in my room for hours and hours just round in circles as if I kept moving then it made the thought of dieing lessen. Always aware that another drink would sort me out.

man thanks for reminding me of my comedowns man. I really have some terrible memories etched into my psyche. Just typing this is disturbing those old memories and makes me a little anxious.

'one day at a time'. It's the only way I could stay stopped. It's applies as much to thinking about life than it does to not drinking. Thinking about and projecting into the future just makes the prospect of drinking thoughts more liely.

All the best
Old 07-23-2010, 07:07 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

eddie,

When I was going through withdrawal I couldn't do much of anything for a week, much less go to Work! Your a strong person. Your right about going through this in order to remind yourself of the pitfalls of drinking. I think you just reminded us all. Thanks for making us stronger to carry on the fight. Wishing you the best! Sending prayers your way.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:59 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Hang in there, Eddie - each hour you get through is a victory and will be that much closer to feeling good again. Now that you have these posts to come back and look at, it might help you when you start forgetting the pain you're going through now.

Hope you're day is going OK - sending prayers and positive thoughts....:ghug3
Old 07-23-2010, 01:16 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Eddie - hope you do come back and with a bit of good news. You helped me by saying how it felt, as our memories do tend to fade with time. That's why I relapsed so much before I finally "got it".

I wish I'd written down how I felt when I was going through it, but I couldn't have even held a pencil. All the things you mentioned and more - for about 3 days. Oh, I can never go back there! Thanks, Eddie.