Notices

This is the bottom for me...

Old 07-22-2010, 01:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This is the bottom for me...

I don't want to go into detail on the web but I experienced the boot of the law yesterday due to drinking. I was attending meetings and trying to get a sponsor but only had part time people offer anyway I got off the track and returned to drinking. Of course I had to have a major drama occur and now I will return to AA and you guys with hat in hand asking for help. I am so depressed. I know I walk in the trail of many before but still I am scared because I don't know how hard my punishment will be. Scared that I've ruined my standing in front of my children and just scared like a baby. Alcohol is bad news people. It ruins our lives. This is really the lowest depth of misery all self inflicted. Yikes.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I've often heard it said that AA doesn't shoot their wounded. Most, if not all, of them needed more than one try to get it right. All it requires is a desire to stop drinking. Don't be afraid of them.

Sorry about your run-in with the law. I got a DUI a couple of years before I finally decided I'd had enough. While it was extremely expensive and quite inconvenient, it wasn't the end of the world. Hang in there, you'll get through it, but get yourself to a meeting and find a sponsor and work those steps.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back 925girl

The good thing about 'bottoms' - the only good thing - is that you can start moving forward now - you never have to be 'here' again

D
Old 07-22-2010, 01:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to SR! This can be the start of a wonderful new life for you. I've been sober for almost 8 months now and my life is so much better for it.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I stopped trying to understand why some people's bottoms are more severe than others.

My brother's bottom was passing out with a cigarette, resulting in third degree burns over 80% of his body.

I got a DUI many years before I even stopped drinking. It's only by the grace of God that I didn't have more or kill myself or somebody else in the process. God knows I could've.

The one common thing I've found with others on these forums whose bottoms include real legal consequences was that the situation would've been so much worse had they not gotten sober and dealt with it.

I always try to find the lesson in everything...some I've found, others I'm still learning about.

One thing's for sure...however hard you think the punishment might be, it'll be harder if the judge and others think that you're not doing anything to turn your life around.

Get pro-active about your sobriety and recovery. It'll go a long way in more ways than one.

((Keeping you in my prayers, 925girl))
Old 07-22-2010, 03:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you for being honest and sharing. Never give up! I'm praying for you
Old 07-22-2010, 05:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

You feel really low right now, but know that you don't have to go any lower. You can stop drinking and get your life back on track. I know how awful it feels to be at the lowest point, but believe me, there is lots of hope.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about your "law" troubles. Whatever your going through there are many many people here struggling just like you. The only way out of all this is to face the music and own up to your mistake. I know it feels like the end of the world to you, but maybe it was a wake-up call. I'm a firm believer in everything happens for a reason.

I don't know what will happen in court. Stay strong and remember tomorrow is a new day. You can turn your life around and stand proud in front of your family.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you all. I am attending AA today with a friend who will drive over and bring me. It will be the beginning again. My body aches from the beating I took, my mind aches with the realization of disgust at this being my own finale, and my soul hurts just cause. Yes the big picture is/was no one was hurt but boy this is gonna cost. That allways gets my attention. Thank you all; will get thru this with your support.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:26 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

(((925 girl)))
Big Hugs to you and Welcome to SR....
6 months ago I was arrested for a DUI...it was the lowest point in my life...I was so ashamed of myself...I just wanted to curl up in a cave and die....but...it was also a saving grace for me....I got sober...I was "controlling" my drinking when I was I picked up..so much for that....alcohol had brought me to my knees, and I surrendered... and yes it's very expensive for lawyers,and inconvienent...but thank god I didn't hurt or kill anyone...I am so grateful for that.... the shame of this I will live with for the rest of my life...but I really think it had to happen to save me....
PM if you would like to chat!
Blessings to you today xoxox