Notices

first REAL try kicking OC, 3RD day on sub

Old 07-20-2010, 04:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

first REAL try kicking OC, 3RD day on sub

Hey Everyone, I've been taking oxy 40,s oxy 80's every day for about a year. Im very addicted and its really ruined my life. I barely have a job anymore and every penny i earn goes to oxys. I am on my 3rd day off oxy and ive been taking about 2mg a day... maybe a little less. I was wondering by day 5 or 7 can i stop the suboxone and be ok? My wd's seem to be getting weaker and weaker the past few days. I will always wait until im WD'ng b4 i take suboxone.

I am thinking that maybe this oxy monster is dieing down some. Who knows maybe I am kidding myself and need to stay on suboxone for weeks, maybe months. I know not years though. Has anyone been able to quit Oxycontin using suboxone in around a week or two? Can anyone give me some ideas or suggestions to help me kick this demon? I have to leave for work in 5 mins so I just made a new account looking for help. Ive been on these forums reading and skimming through as a guest but now I really need help..

any help is sooo greatly appreciated!!!!!!
Old 07-20-2010, 10:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good luck, yes some people have gone cold turkey, but you should check with your doctor. Congratulations by the way, I'm on day 2 off of painkillers, so I'm also detoxing right now.

Last edited by Dee74; 07-20-2010 at 03:06 PM. Reason: medical advice
Old 07-20-2010, 03:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi kjchillz

Questions about medications and stopping them are things you really need to ask a professional about.

According to our rules, we can share our experience but can't give out medical advice here.

D
Old 07-20-2010, 03:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome kjchillz! Withdrawal is always tricky and different for everyone. I'm an alcoholic so can't say much about oxy's..... just wanted to congratulate you for taking the steps to get clean. Life is so much better when our addiction isn't running us.

Hang in there and take it a day at a time!:ghug3
Old 07-20-2010, 04:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thanx everyone for the responses. I had a decent day of work and it was so nice to have energy all day long!! All I know is that I don't ever want to go back to OC's or heroin. I'm ready for CHANGE. It's a miracle that I still have my career intact and I want to show my employees the better side of Kevin! Tomorrow will be day 4 with no oxy. I am trying to hold back from taking any suboxone tonight since i took about .50mg-.75mg tonight. Im sure in a few hours I will start to feel bad and not be able to sleep.

Last night which was day 2 I tried to sleep with no suboxone but I needed about .75mg-1mg to help me get to sleep. I am not giving up and you all have no idea how happy this good news of me trying to get clean it makes my mom. it makes it so much worth it to be able to wake up and not worry about where my next pill is going to be bought. thanks for your time !
Old 07-20-2010, 08:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

looks like this is going to be a long night... cold shivers wont go away and i CANT find my suboxone.. this is a nightmare for me since i have to get up for work in 6.5 hours!! UGHH... i know im not the only one in this situation which i keep telling myself. god bless uall
Old 07-20-2010, 08:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hang in there Kevin - at least you know you're not alone here

D
Old 07-30-2010, 03:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I failed... I am still a loser, I can't win.. I'm sorry Dad, mom, my brother, friends, co-workers... I've let everyone down. I keep relasping. I'm soo broke it isn't even funny. I need to try harder or make some changes.. Taking suboxone only helps so much because maybe I'm not ready to give up oxycontin.. I know that sounds so stupid but it might be an ugly truthful statement. I pray for myself and others in my situation. Love you guys be strong !
Old 07-30-2010, 03:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Many of us have had false starts, K.
I really believe we can never lose if we never give in.

It took me 15 years to beat my demon but I did.

What have you been doing for support?
D
Old 07-30-2010, 10:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Kevin - YOU are not a loser - the drugs are. It's very difficult to beat addiction by ourselves (hence AA, NA, SR, etc. etc.) Don't stop trying - we're here for you.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:33 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Keep trying Kev and remember addiction has a voice of its own. As stated above the drug is the loser NOT YOU. Talk to your Doctor and get a plan in place. From what I've read not suffering to badly during the first week really helps. That's where your Dr. comes into play. Also you have to want to be clean more than you want the drugs. Give it another go!!

Best Wishes To You and WELCOME