the BOSS

Old 07-19-2010, 12:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

Question the BOSS

gosh I dont even know where to put this...here or in co dependent...well, she ( my boss of 1 1/2 years) has done a turn around the last few months...she had knee replacement done...and know the PAIN MEDs...

she is driving us nuts....she says one thing...and then says another>all on the same subject...we as co workers are getting all worked up now...we feel now she is having FAVs in the work place...

today was the last straw , my coworker and partner got yelled at on the phone for something so minor (that even for me was like OK WHATEVER..)
BUT TO BE CURSED AND YELLED AT??! I said to my co worker if that happens again...just nicely say..."sorry, but when you calm down, then we will discuss this..other wise I am hanging up"...

I am seeing such behaviour MOODS...is this all common??
Old 07-19-2010, 01:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My ex-boss recently got fired for behavior like this but that took numbers to get him out (basically a coup).

No one, even bosses, have the right to curse/yell at you or other people. But as you know....we can only defend ourselves. Your co-workers will need to stand up for themselves. The only time I have stood up for someone is when a person was doing the behavior in front of me giving me the feeling of being uncomfortable.

Uggh... so frustrating. I just recently went through this and was so happy that ALL of us were on the same page.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

I totally agree, bad abusive behavior is not to be condoned.

My years of working in the corporate enviorment has taught me one thing....it will catch up with her, and, this too shall pass.

My take, pick your best communicator to express everyones concerns in a non judgemental way. You know the deal, kind, caring concern. I think that she will be responsive to a fair conversation...after all, she really does not want to lose her job either.

Just my 2 cents.

Dolly
Old 07-19-2010, 01:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I do not engage in conversations with drunks or anyone equally agitated.

Having said this, I do not even blink at profanity. I have considered fornicating with my own or anyone else's mother and last time I checked, I was not a female dog. I don't give profanity any power over me.

It's kind of interesting that when does not flinch at profanity, it often causes the speaker to pause and on occasion, even reflect.

I come from a business background where the F word was the most common adjective. Like a word problem, I edit out useless information. No reason to make it the cause of a bad day at the office.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

the boss is the OWNER..

now today she was sweet as PIE....I was saying to my coworker, the one that got yelled at.,...I said "see? all this was wasted energy for all of her yelling..."
Old 07-20-2010, 02:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by outtolunch View Post

Having said this, I do not even blink at profanity. I have not considered fornicating with my own or anyone else's mother and last time I checked, I was not a female dog. I don't give profanity any power over me.
Yikes ! Just noticed that I missed a word. Hope all understood what I meant and that I did not offend anyone.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

:rotfxko
Old 07-31-2010, 04:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

Old 07-31-2010, 05:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I had a boss when I was working for Outback Steakhouse who was very abusive. All of the workers were afraid of him, and nobody stood up to him. Most of the servers were young and intimidated by him. I was his age, and I'm not afraid of anyone.

So, he is screaming at me, over a steak on a tray that had nothing to do with me. So, I very nicely walked away, and stepped out into the dining room. He comes running out saying don't you F.cking walk away from me. So, I walked away from him again. He follows me back into the kitchen, and I very nicely said. You don't have the right to raise your voice and curse at me. You don't pay me enough money to abuse me, and as a matter of fact there is no amount of money worth your abuse. And just so you know, that's not my tray.

He never said another word to me, and he tried to make my life a living hell. He gave me horrible shifts, and terrible stations. Two weeks later I had a new job. I heard he got a beating and somebody blew up his car. It wasn't me people. LOL I don't do those things.

Nobody has the right to talk to another person like that. I refuse to accept verbal abuse from anyone. I own two businesses, and I treat all of my employees with love and respect. I don't form personal friendships with them, because I have to run a tight ship. But as angry as I have ever been, I have never verbally abused anyone. I have asked people to come into the office, and spoken to them about certain things privately. I have never yelled at anyone or reprimanded anyone in front of others. Do unto others as you would have done to you.

Oh, and the Outback boss. I heard he eventually got fired.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

^^^^ wow^^^^^^