Notices

Day 10

Old 07-19-2010, 02:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 10

...and God do I feel Good! This is the longest I have gone without the Demon Drink in ages. I'm up with the larks and getting stuck into my Housework and feeling just Great. I forgot how it felt to lead a Normal Life and not drinking.

My family are so proud of me and have noticed the change in me. I have so much Energy now and tackling Jobs that Normal Housewives do. Why have I wasted so much time not enjoying Life? Today would have been like this...

A quick Tidy up, maybe pop to Shops for bits and pieces including a Pack Of 8 Cans of Lagers then clock watching till 3 pm so I can crack open the first can.
Mondays were always the start to my day of heavy Drinking where I would continue all week. At 52 I have wasted a lot of Valuable time!
Old 07-19-2010, 05:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Feels good to feel good again, doesn't it?
Old 07-19-2010, 06:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations! I know exactly what you mean. I am on day 14 and can't believe how different it is to wake up feeling rested and NOT shameful! I was just telling my friend about my weekend and how much I got done - with little effort - I spent the day outside, between chores, reading a book I have been trying to read for about a year and played with the kids, went swimming and took them for a walk. I was lucky to get a load of laundry done and sweep the floor before.
I had really bad fatigue and sweats up till about day 10 - now that they are gone, I can't get over how good I feel - physically and mentally.
Keep up the great work and enjoy your sobriety.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Once I got more used to living a sober life, I couldn't believe I even had the time to drink like I did! There's so much else to do

Congrats on your sober time, it only gets better!
Old 07-19-2010, 09:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 10 days! Isn't it great?

For me, I've found that dwelling on the past is totaly counterproductive. Why worry about it? It's gone.
I was drunk for 30 years and I'm 50. I've got almost seven months sober.
Why dwell on the time wasted and all the other ruin drinking causes?

Live in today, and look forward to tomorrow where you can march into the day sober and productive. And rejoin life and live in the moment.

Best wishes to you, and remember, one day at a time!
Old 07-19-2010, 02:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations kitey

D