less nervous

Old 07-16-2010, 10:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

less nervous

My friend talked positively about doing this an being committed. She has brought up issues and FINALLY acknowledge ON HER OWN that she has been high for ten years on one thing or another and wants to change her life.

she made the calls today, on her own and detox is for sunday followed by long term rehab. i am counting the hours- need to be there 8 am sunday.

THANKS to everyone who has replied to my posts and kept me level headed.

i hope my nest post is titled - sigh of relief
Old 07-16-2010, 10:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

that is a good sign and I am happy for you both.

I do however want to warn you that it is really important that you watch you money, car etc between now and then ( if shes with you)

because from my experience ~~~just before entering detox or rehab sometimes the addict will use/binge, expecially if they have days to wait. It seems like the idea of getting clean combined with the wait is to much for some

good lucky and best wishes
Old 07-16-2010, 11:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i know and i am scared of that
Old 07-16-2010, 11:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
tam

Glad to hear steve, but I have to be honest with you. Please do not let your guard down or get too excited as this is just the first step for them. in jan.my AH was so ready for rehab, he cried, he hugged me, he was packed and ready. he went in so determined to get sober..well, 4 hours later he checked himself out (I did not pick him up) he returned to the couple's apt knowing my boundary of not letting him home. His excuse was they wouldnt give him klonopin (yeah right, he is bipolar and I fully discussed his meds with nurse before I left and the facility does dispense these meds) I later found out he became extremely manic and threatened a dr. (probaly for pain meds) .so please be prepared, dont want to see you let down and its a huge letdown for us but just be prepared for any b.s.story you might hear.but again, heres hoping and praying she gets through it.