invited to a party..need help

Old 07-13-2010, 03:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tam

invited to a party..need help

I have been invited to a friends 50th surprise party (we both are invited) its going to be huge with a DJ. BUT all our old friends for the past 35 years are going to be there. the girl was actually my AH girlfriend like 35 years ago and we are pretty close (she knows something about whats going on) all the people are well aware of his past addiction 12 years ago, but Im not sure what anyone knows about it now or who actually knows. Im sure they know more than I think as they did years ago.
if I go I know I will be asked why he isnt there. part of me wants to go and a part of me doesnt. I guess I am ashamed to say or want to be in the position and surrounded by people, yet I also feel that if I dont go the people will be hurt (their kids are throwing it and I have known them since childhood).or maybe I will actually miss a fun time.Im very confused and have to answer the kids next week..I know for a fact that the DJ knows the whole story (he messaged me a few weeks ago on facebook).,but I have left FB for personal reasons.I also feel like maybe I need to socialize and be with old friends.(yet worried about drinking as that wouldnt be too good right now).HELP! I dont know what to say as an excuse or what to say if I do go
Old 07-13-2010, 09:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
BBD

I agree with anvil~~Just go and have a fun time. Sounds like you've known this family for along time and you don't have to answer to anyone really. Just say so and so is doing fine and I'm here to have some fun with you all......done deal! Smiles, Bonnie
Old 07-13-2010, 09:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I too agree with anvil. Please don't allow some else's problems to keep you from your friends or having fun. Go and enjoy it!