Looking for rehab for son in NC

Old 07-12-2010, 06:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wbw

Looking for rehab for son in NC

I am a parent of an addict. My son (21) is currently in jail for drug possession and has been sentenced to drug court. We have been given 2 weeks to come up with 3 options for him with each option including a 30 day rehab followed by time in a halfway house and then continued participation in drug court. He has been off of drugs for at least 5 months and does not need detox or crisis management. Most of the rehabs I have been able to find in NC (they will not let him go out of state) are set up for someone who is an active user. Does anyone have any suggestions for a rehab for him? This is all new to his mother and I and we do not know what to do...if we don't have an option the court will accept, they are going to send him to prison...any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 07-12-2010, 07:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

There are links at the top of the website that may be helpful. Also, does he have a lawyer or public defender? If so, they should be able to suggest some programs that can help your son or refer you to those who can. Since you have internet access you can also search for rehabs in your area/state. Many of the rehabs already work with halfway house or sober living programs and can probably help you with those referrals too. Finally, some courts have a court liaison that may be helpful. Also, tell your son to ask around. Usually the addicts are in the know. You shouldn't have too much trouble since many rehabs take court ordered referrals. Good luck.
You know, in Los Angeles, California, the rehabs insist their clients be clean before entering if they are actively using. Go figure!
Old 07-12-2010, 07:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((Wbw))) - I don't know of any rehabs in NC, but I did want to welcome you to SR. Vaya has some good suggestions. I do know of addicts here that have been caught in the "you can't come in because you're not using", but I believe most of them DID find something.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 07-12-2010, 07:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Also don't know of any rehabs in NC, but am the mom of an addict and just wanted to welcome you to the board....
Old 07-12-2010, 08:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I live in Raleigh NC.

Have you looked up The Healing Place? Have you looked up TROSA?

Not sure if either of these fits what you're looking for, but they are two very successful residential programs.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

bethel colony is a 65 day rehab in nc... its a faith based rehab..and its free, the only thing is the addict has to work and gets no pay.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I have to mirror what Cynical One said. Being sober in jail does not necessarily mean being in recovery. In jail, he pretty much has no choice but to be clean. He may not making that change on his own accord. And there's really no good way to know for sure, because of course he's going to say what you want to hear if you ask him. I'm glad he doesn't need detox, but these places that you speak of that are for someone in active addiction may still be more in line with his needs than you know.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Did you ask the all in one detox plus rehab facilities if they'll accept him? There are a few of those places in my state and they have separate on-site programs for addicts not needing detox.