Is it wrong of me?

Old 07-11-2010, 11:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is it wrong of me?

Is it wrong that I wish my sister would either be caught or turn herself in already?

The frustrating part is, DH has explained to me that her charges that caused her probation violation are actually not terrible charges in the grand scheme of things, and that if sis would have just told her probation officer why she got those new charges before he found out on his own, he might not have even violated her probation. But by not turning herself in, she's making things worse...

I don't know if she made it into detox friday or not. I have been tempted to text my mom and ask her, but then I keep thinking, "what purpose would that serve?" And the only answer I can come up with is that it would be a way for me to know what's going on, and isn't that the point of detaching? Not having to know what's going on with someone else?

The only thing I do know for a fact is she's not in jail right now. And I only know that because this particular county has a website that lists who has been arrested in real-time data that shows when they were brought to jail.

Trying to stay out of it; I know it's none of my business. Someone knock me back into reality please.
Old 07-11-2010, 11:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So when you go to bed tonight and review your day, how well will you have spent it, my dear?

I'm studying, getting housework in there and there during breaks, and will go to a meeting tonight.

I may even get the yard mowed later this evening!
Old 07-11-2010, 11:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ladyamalthea View Post
... and isn't that the point of detaching? Not having to know what's going on with someone else?
It's a way to detach.

The whole point, for me, is about not taking others stuff personally.

When I ask a question about a taboo subject, I'm ready for the response.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

:The only way I got detachment was practice, practice, practice. Just keep doing until it moves from your head to your heart. Then you will notice all the free time you have...for fun stuff