Let's Bring Back TGIF!

Old 07-09-2010, 11:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Let's Bring Back TGIF!

In my part of the world it's Friday. I don't work on the weekend. Most people everywhere rejoice in Fridays. Some people take long weekend vacations. Some are excited about going to dinner or a movie. Some are looking forward to having a few drinks and relaxing a bit.

Not me. I've come to hate Friday. It only means that the potential from my AW to tip off is higher than normal. This means my frustrations and sadness could be elevated.

This pisses me off. I'm not happy that I don't look forward to Friday or weekends or movies or drinks or relaxing. I'm going to change that starting right now.

How about this? Let's all put our minds towards some positivity. I know some of you have the same feeling as me. I know some of you have it worse than me. I suspect everyone struggles a bit more with the loss of their freedom and weekends are a part of that.

I'm putting a call out to every family member in here to post something positive they have planned to do for themselves or with their kids. Let's all get excited about Friday's and weekends again.

I must believe that if there's enough positive thoughts happening, then positive things should occur.

If this has been started already, forgive me. I'm new and I didn't find it.

Let me get us started.

I'm going fishing by myself this weekend!
Old 07-09-2010, 11:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I'm getting the oil changed in my car!
Old 07-09-2010, 11:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm going to the pool or the beach on Sat. with the kids.

I'm taking my dad out for lunch on Sunday.

I understand the dread. My favorite part of the day (going home after work to be with my family) was filled with dread and anxiety. What a sad and terrible feeling. I'm so happy that I leave my office now and go home with a sense of longing and comfort. I'm so happy to go home. That feeling is something every human being deserves. My empathy goes out to each and every person on this board that does not have that right now. There is a better way of life out there.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm...
1) taking a private tango lesson tonight after work;
2) celebrating my sweet baby girl's 2nd birthday (wth? when did she become a toddler?!);
3) going to another birthday celebration on Sunday (and hoping to hear about a possibility for a teaching position for next September!).

I'm counting down the friggin hours until my day is done!
Old 07-09-2010, 11:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm going to have my nails done and a pedicure on Saturday. I'm going to my nephew's christening and out to a family luncheon on Sunday.

(and I plan to mop the floors and scrub out the toilets, because clean is much better than dirty~but before I get my nails done)
Old 07-09-2010, 11:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

One thing I know for sure i'm doing this weekend is, go to another al-anon meeting! I've been to 2 this week-it helps so much!

Sat night I'm going out dancing with friends. Sunday night I'm making dinner for a friend-I promised him dinner in exchange for a favor he did me. I dunno where I would be without my awesome friends.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Friday is my favorite day of the week! I have a standing happy hour with some really good friends and during the summer we cut out of work a little early go out on my buddys boat. The weekends are great because is the pool is open and I go everyday. It's like vacation for me all summer long. I have a couple fun trips lined up so what's not to like? Life is good
Old 07-09-2010, 12:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Free concert in the park tonight with my kids and sweet guy I'm dating. Tomorrow, who knows? Maybe go play in the river, or ride bikes, or???

Next week, leaving for 17-day RV trip through 5 western states (first long trip in the new toy), culminating in my 30-year HS reunion. (Ugh, am I really THAT old?)

I love Fridays. I love summer. And, yes Jazz, life IS good.

L
Old 07-09-2010, 12:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Black and Yellow

I only work for 4 hours tomorrow (Saturday) and I have a car show to attend on Sunday!!
Old 07-09-2010, 01:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
A Pirate looks at 40

Changed oil and back brakes last weekend. This weekend will probably head over to the west coast for a bit, and do some work around the house.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:18 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Either a baseball game or a movie tonight with my girls.

Tomorrow morning is the funeral of my counselor's daughter, but after that I'm having lunch with a friend. Tomorrow night, I'm hanging out with my youngest while her older sisters are at a teen dance--she always feels so left out.

Happy weekend, everyone...no matter what your circumstances, may you find peace and do something good for yourself!!!
Old 07-09-2010, 01:45 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I have an 8 hour tough shift on Saturday, supporting a 19 year old girl with very challenging behaviour, lots of new strategies to be used with some additional support so I'm actually looking forward to it instead of the dread I've felt for the last 10 weeks of doing it!
Then Saturday evening is mine and Joes, film of his choice this week and a takeaway treat.
Sunday Joe and I are going walking, checking out the route for a sponsored walk I've organised.
Short weekend but precious as I get to spend one to one time with Joe for a change.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:55 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Thanks Shellcrusher.
Once I found my peace and serenity, I was able to implement regular routines for myself. I had never had routine in my life until I got all the chaos and insanity OUT. Since then, Fridays have meant doing absolutely NOTHING and I love it!
Old 07-09-2010, 10:04 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Enjoying my first weekend of no contact. It feels GREAT to not have the Friday night dreads !!! Shopping, relaxing and a drama free zone for me !!!
Old 07-16-2010, 12:19 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hey!
It's Friday 7/16/10

It's been a week since last Friday and I did not forget. So far a good week and I'm going to continue the push with positive energy.

This Friday, I have a nice long hot drive in front of me. Terrible Traffic.
But guess what?

I have an excellent cigar to smoke the entire way and I intend on enjoying all of it.

Your turn!
Old 07-16-2010, 12:44 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

My son is away for the summer with his father but that's a good thing in a way.

I get to go home on Fridays, kick up my feet, read a book, lay around and do absolutely nothing, watch and rent movies, clean house (by taking my time). Shoot, I might just die my hair tonight.

My usual Fridays were very anxious for me as the exabf wanted to come over and spend time together. But he was so moody, I resented Fridays and the weekend.

Amen that's not the case now. No more hearing about meetings and people who irritated him. No more selfishness and him not having any money to do the plans he was making up in his head. No more arguing about him not having money.

I have my own and I'm spending it on me.

It's off to Atlanta in 2 weeks and I will have a blast!!
Old 07-16-2010, 01:09 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Awakening

Hot damn, great idea Shellcrusher, some how missed it last week!

Since every day is Friday for me these last 2 weeks, ha, I will enjoy the weekend guilt free....zero job pondering.

Work out Sat., my favorite routine, 3 bad ass "pushing" exercises that really "pump" up the whole upper body. Gotta love a good "pump". Get your minds outta' the gutter....yes I'm talkin' to YOU Anvil.

Two, count 'em, two Alanon meetings, one involving lunch out with some of my fav's.

Then dinner and a movie with just me, just how I've come to like it.

Who knows, if all goes well, I may just sit on one of my hands till it's numb, and casually allow it to caress my thigh. IDK, TMI?

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 07-16-2010, 01:11 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

stbxah has the kiddos.

Tonight I'm going to stop off at a redbox on the way home, then take my dog for a walk. Then maybe do some hooping in the backyard. Then eat leftovers and watch a non-animated movie There may be ice cream involved-with lots of chocolate sauce on top. . .

Saturday--I am sleeping in! Hanging out with my dog. Then probably doing a few household chores (need to mow the lawn. . .hopefully the misquitos don't pick me up and carry me away) and if it is nice, going out for a good bike ride. I just moved so I thought I would find some good routes. Probably do some more hooping (just found MY music that I have not been able to listen to for 12 years since stbxah is a jazz musician and would not listen to my stuff since it was not worth listening to). Hooped to Sonia Dada couple days ago and rocked! I am loving listening to my music again.

Sunday there will be more sleeping in and hanging out with my dog--I love doing that. He is always happy to do whatever I am doing. We may take a long walk, play in the backyard, go to the dog park, take a nap--just have to play it by ear. Then church after the kids get back.

Of course all of this could happen in any other order or not at all (except the sleeping in--I am definitely sleeping in)
Old 07-16-2010, 01:22 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Oh and I forgot-probably does not sound really exciting to many--but just got a huge new batch of hoop tape and am going to make some hoops. I bought some photoluminescent tape and cannot wait to make a hoop and go hoop in the dark.

I think I scare my neighbors (holy cr** Marge come and look at our new neighbor. Isn't she a little old to be doing that and why is she wearing a blindfold?)
Old 07-16-2010, 04:17 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Shellcrusher View Post
In my part of the world it's Friday. I don't work on the weekend. Most people everywhere rejoice in Fridays. Some people take long weekend vacations. Some are excited about going to dinner or a movie. Some are looking forward to having a few drinks and relaxing a bit.

Not me. I've come to hate Friday. It only means that the potential from my AW to tip off is higher than normal. This means my frustrations and sadness could be elevated.

This pisses me off. I'm not happy that I don't look forward to Friday or weekends or movies or drinks or relaxing. I'm going to change that starting right now.

How about this? Let's all put our minds towards some positivity. I know some of you have the same feeling as me. I know some of you have it worse than me. I suspect everyone struggles a bit more with the loss of their freedom and weekends are a part of that.

I'm putting a call out to every family member in here to post something positive they have planned to do for themselves or with their kids. Let's all get excited about Friday's and weekends again.

I must believe that if there's enough positive thoughts happening, then positive things should occur.

If this has been started already, forgive me. I'm new and I didn't find it.

Let me get us started.

I'm going fishing by myself this weekend!
Hey, i used to dread any kind of social thing at all, i used to spend all my time looking over my shoulder as my friend later said, i dont have to do that anymore..ive a great social life and enjoy a drink or two, i even have a really grown up thing where alcohol is in the house and it is there for more than two minutes!!! I really empathise with your situation, its a feeling of dread, what is going to kick off, who will they insult, what kind of argument are you going to get into because they go too far, i really do understand. In my experience, I have to say my STBEXAH left me, i nearly died of grief but im happier now by a long chalk...i wish i had had the strength to realise i was better without him but he had managed to make me think it was all my fault and i couldnt possibly manage without him...wrong wrong wrong...please read my posts..its the same and i too want to enjoy a social life and dont let anyone here tell you different...sometimes if you admit you like a social drink they point a finger...read my posts....Best of luck Lilly x