Notices

My new Start!!! Support Needed!!

Old 07-08-2010, 02:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My new Start!!! Support Needed!!

Hi everyone,
I am a 27 year old opiate addict. Like lots of others this is my ump-teenth time quitting. I am determined to get these pills out of my life forever. It just seems as everytime I quit SOMETHING BAD happens and I am RUNNING to a pill bottle. I have been on opiates for 5 years. Starting with 1-2 10mg hydrocodone and graduating to 8-10 10mg percocet a day. I have two beautiful children and a loving husband. They deserve a sober Mother and Wife. My addiction is a well kept secret that I have been holding for years. This makes my recovery even harder. I want to tell my husband all that has been going on. But just thinking about all the questions and stress that will come with that make me want to run to a pill bottle as I type. I have decided to try to wean myself off this time. In hopes that the withdrawal symptoms wont be as bad. I have never posted on a forum of this kind and Im hoping the support from people in my smae situation will help me even more. Any advice or suggestions are greatly needed and accepted. I am ready to take my life back!!! Im ready to function as a normal SOBER human being!!!
Old 07-08-2010, 02:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Workinonme!

I am glad you are here. I don't have experience with opiates myself. Alcohol was my addiction. I am here to support you though in any way I can. I am sure there will be many people coming along shortly who have more experience than me.

Reading and posting on this site is such a huge help.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Workingonme

Welcome

I'm an alcoholic too, but I know you'll find support here.

You might also like to check out our substance abuse forum
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Personally, I think keeping secrets is an added burden not many of us can cope with.

I hope in time you'll find it in yourself to tell your husband whats going on, and I really recommend getting a doctor involved with any weaning/withdrawal process...

it's hard enough as it is - why not make it easier and get all the support you can?

D
Old 07-08-2010, 03:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome!

I'm so glad you found us and that you have decided to live a sober life.

I know how much the guilt and shame can play a role in keeping us addicted, so try to begin forgiving yourself as you move into recovery.