Notices

B-day...write me out of taking that drink!

Old 07-08-2010, 10:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

B-day...write me out of taking that drink!

I didn't really want to post individually until I was at least 30 days because everytime I do post as I start over again I let myself, my family,and you guys down..I always seem so sure that I'm not falling off the wagon again.....but I always fail......Today I'm counting with 14 days of light and I'm having a really hard time......It's my Birthday.....I had this little voice in my head telling me this morning to take that morning drink..Then it turn 12pm having lunch, there it was again....."It's your birthday just today!" It's driving me insane........after I ate I felt a bit secure on saying no to myself....This feels terrible!......I feel an overwelming anxiety..........help!
Old 07-08-2010, 10:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Happy SOBER Birthday! someone said recently, Progress, not perfection.

congrats on your 14 days!...most of the alcohol is out of your system...what a great birthday gift to yourself. if you want to do something special for your birthday, do it both in celebration of the day and being sober.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Shygirl - I hope you won't set yourself back again. You know where the "one" drink will lead. So many times I wanted to believe the lie that I could just hold it to one or two - & it never happened. Usually I was off on another binge, no telling how long until I came back to reality - and at what cost.

Please get through your b-day by celebrating your sobriety and the new life that you're about to have. I know how hard it is to resist the temptation, but you know it isn't fun for us anymore anyway - too much guilt and depression go along with the temporary "buzz" we might get. Happy Sober Birthday, Shygirl! You can do this!!
Old 07-08-2010, 10:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Happy SOBER birthday. You can get through it. You get that thought try a distraction of some sort.

Look at this as a new beginning of a better and more healthful life.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Happy belly-button-birthday!

Sobriety birthdays are well worth the wait. White knuckling through stuff like you're in/were in just plain sucks. I never made it through more than a couple days doing it that way. I hope you find the strength, and if it's just not there, then to find the willingness to go looking for more strength than you currently have.

I had to go find more power than friends, fellowship and myself. My support network and my will just aren't enough sometimes. Spooky part is, I never know when "those" times are coming. There's something cool about always working to be fully prepared for that sneak attack that the 'ism likes to use so often.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
TBD

A Sober Birthday - WOW

I wish I had a sober birthday recently, but I do not. Talk to your family and friends, share the day with them instead of sharing it with alcohol. I don't think we really share anything with alcohol, it takes and it takes and it takes. Good luck today, Happy belly button. Share the day with God.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Heathen

Ok, not our job to talk you out of drinking .. you will or wont, depending on what you want to do.

Happy Birthday!! I hope you celebrate it by giving yourself a better chance at having more of them.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You were born and you are alive. Alcohol doesn't even COME CLOSE to that celebration! Celebrate with a big piece of chocolate cake and a sparkling grape or apple cider!!! You can do it!

Happy Birthday! Much love!
Old 07-08-2010, 11:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Pretend you are a child....enjoy yoour special day ...sober!
Have cake and ice cream and make it a ....
Old 07-08-2010, 11:05 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Mine is tomorrow. I will not drink. It's a decision. I will feel better the next day.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:12 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

NOHO...I cannot wait to wake up feeling refreshed (not groggy) on my b-day in Dec. AND I will actually remember my b-day this year!
My hubby bought me a beautiful ring last year for my 30th. I don't even remember him giving it to me. How sad is that!!! He also took me out to a nice french restaurant. I remember slamming the wine, but don't remember the awesome food (that I probably didn't eat). I'm going to go back to that place this year and enjoy the scrumptious food!
Old 07-08-2010, 11:15 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you don't drink. There's nothing like drinking to ruin a perfectly good day... and the day after...
Old 07-08-2010, 11:40 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
part time member

Birthdays are a celebration of life! Cake, Icecream and balloons! A drink would ruin it and you would be depressed.

I always wonder why we celebrate our birthdays? We didn't do anything. I think Mom should get a card...Happy SOBER Birthday.7

Last edited by LovesToTravel; 07-08-2010 at 11:42 AM. Reason: can't spell or type worth a darn!
Old 07-08-2010, 11:47 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

HAHA that is funny LoveToTravel! I send my Mom a card every year on my birthday! Afterall, she did all of the work
Old 07-08-2010, 12:01 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Shygirl!!

What is the one thing you have been thinking to get yourself over the last little while besides having a drink?

Go out and get yourself something nice for yourself as today is your day to pamper yourself.

Good on ya for 14 days so far!
Old 07-08-2010, 01:00 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Smile

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Shygirl - I hope you won't set yourself back again. You know where the "one" drink will lead. So many times I wanted to believe the lie that I could just hold it to one or two - & it never happened. Usually I was off on another binge, no telling how long until I came back to reality - and at what cost.

Please get through your b-day by celebrating your sobriety and the new life that you're about to have. I know how hard it is to resist the temptation, but you know it isn't fun for us anymore anyway - too much guilt and depression go along with the temporary "buzz" we might get. Happy Sober Birthday, Shygirl! You can do this!!
You are so write guilt and depression...It's not fun anymore.....I will not drink today.....thank you so much.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:07 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thank you for all your support, it's helped alot....believe it or not I'm back reading the Bible and learning alot. I've found faith, something I lost along the way.....Just didn't know how beautiful our father is.....

I'm still sober....I will make it....................
Old 07-08-2010, 01:11 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Why not get lucky, instead of the booze. I mean it is your b-day! No hangover either.:day6
Old 07-08-2010, 02:03 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy bday shygirl

And please - post as often as you like, whether its a thread of yours or not - we're here for support and everyone needs as much of that before 30 days as they do after

D