Notices

only hours sober

Old 07-07-2010, 11:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

only hours sober

I only have a few hours sober. I drank tonight and made an ass of myself. I am afraid more people know about my drinking than I wanted. I never wanted it to affect my kids. I thought I lost my keys tonight but I think a friend took them. It is causing problems in all areas of my life. I feel so depressed. I was sober for an entire month back in February. What happened?
Old 07-07-2010, 11:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

saddrunk,

Welcome to SR! The disease of alcoholism is progressive and brutal. You don't have to live in that life. There's a number of programs to help you get your life back on track. AA is one, SMART is another. Some folks use different methods but the most successful single thing you can do is not drink.

You'll find a lot of support here on SR from folks who understand and who have been where you are now. I have over two and half years of a happy, peaceful sober life!

Again, welcome! Keep reading and posting!

Love,

Lenina
Old 07-07-2010, 11:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Welcome! Glad you are here. You will find much support here. You don't have to go through this alone. I can relate to what you shared. Toward the end of my drinking days--I think most everyone knew about it--well those closest to me anyway--family members and certain friends. Keep reading and posting. There is hope! We do recover.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Striving to be a better Man!

Welcome to SR! My best advice to you is try to get down to what made you want to relapse after your month (a month is great! btw) Learn from it and move on. Don't be too down, we have all been there.

Did you work any kind of a program in Feb.?
Old 07-08-2010, 05:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome, saddrunk - I really like your name because that was me when I was drinking. Outside, I was just "fine" but inside I felt really sad about my life.

There were lots of times I found myself saying "what happened?!" It took 2 major relapses for me to understand what AA means when it says alcoholism is "cunning, baffling and powerful." I always thought of myself as self-reliant, can-do-whatever-I-put-my-mind-to, common sense, kind of person. So it was a shock to me that my addiction had me beat.

The good news is that you've had enough sober time to know you can do it. And now you know you can also slip up if you're not doing something each day to stay sober. I'm glad you found this forum, because it's a great daily tool to use for support and for helping others. It's been my mainstay for the past couple of months.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the SR family! Congrats on deciding to live sober. It really is better in so many ways. There are many different ways to get and stay sober and some people here just use this site for support.

I wish you the best in your quest to live a better sober life. Sobriety really rocks!
Old 07-08-2010, 06:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to our recovery community.....

Glad to know you are geting back on track

Many of us had false starts
before we found solid sobriety.
You are not alone....we understand.

All my best to you and your family
Old 07-08-2010, 06:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome and I'm glad you're here seeking support.

I don't know what happened after your sober month in February, but it is something you can learn from?