Notices

stupid me

Old 07-07-2010, 02:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy stupid me

well as you all know I left (or was left) an abusive relationship. Since then I got sober, but my emotions are on a high rollercoasterride. As some of you amy remember my ex bf used my credit card to pay for a hotel in africa... I told him that he used my card and he told me it was by mistake. All of you of course adviced me to cancel the card, but I trusted him. How stupid can I be. Remember he asked me to pay a bill for him here in the statres and I refused. He later emailed telling me he did it online. And guess what he again used my credit card. . So I cancelled the card today, but it hurts, I am so stupid, when will I ever learn.....I want a drink badly....and after all I did I still feel for this guy, we were 10 years together. My brain tells me he abused me (and my friends and everybody who knows him) but my heart is still feeling for him. How can this be....... Any advice? Explanations etc I would appreciate that. At the moment I am crying my eyes out. It's day 20 without and I was so proud I brought my car trough the DMV.... and now I am down :rotfxko
Old 07-07-2010, 02:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi SASA

I think a lot of us have trusted people we shouldn't.
The important thing is to learn from the experience and move on

Are there any legal avenues you can take to recover your money?
D
Old 07-07-2010, 02:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SR Fan

You're going through a lot, so don't get down on yourself. You did the right thing this time (canceling your card), so now you won't have to deal with that again. I'm sure it's hard to still have feelings for this guy and to feel hurt and angry on top of that.

Remember that "success is the best revenge" - you can recover from this and start to feel good about yourself, even love yourself. Then you'll be much less likely to fall for another abuser. Hang in there, take some deep breaths and get through today without a drink. It will get better.:ghug3
Old 07-07-2010, 02:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

If you were drinking you probably wouldn't have even bothered to cancel the card. You are growing already by taking care of yourself. You canceled the card - Awesome. Doesn't matter when you canceled it. You did it. I gotta feeling you are a lot like me. A drinker who takes care of people. Ugh. We drive ourselves crazy. So, pat yourself on the back for saving yourself any future purchases from this person and try to do something for yourself again. Like staying clean just for today. Or if you are anything like me, just making the bed or doing the dishes was a big deal. And still is sometimes.
Take it easy and keep it as simple as you can. People places and things are a big distraction in recovery. Keep focused.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sasa,

Of course it hurts, and it's hard to let go of a 10 year long relationship.

But, you are sober now, your head is clearing and you are seeing things as they really are. You deserve better, much better, than this guy. Remember that early sobriety is a time for lots of changes, and you're going through one right now. Find strength in knowing that you are doing the right thing by taking care of yourself.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Do'nt beat yourself up - he's already done that to you. But do cut off all contact with him before he can do you further harm.