strange sad turn of events

Old 07-07-2010, 11:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tam

strange sad turn of events

my ah has been calling me all morning at work, finally I took his call as I saw it was urgent..he was crying telling me he loves me, misses me, wants to come over to visit, I said NO. he asked how I managed to take care of our dying dog by myself, I said like I have been taking care of things all by myself for the last 7 months how do you think!!! he then said, listen I will let you go to my drs. with me and discuss how Im a chronic pain sufferer and need these meds, I said..no to late for that, Im done. he then said he is sad,confused and depressed..anyhow, I questioned why he was alone in this apt? where is the young couple? he said they are having a huge problem, the young girl mom had to rush here from another state to help her daughter..I said OH, he then told me why...the young girl has a brain tumor. WOW, so I said Im sorry to hear that, hope she survives, but its not my concern or my business. he got angry and demanded I file for divorce now and give him money..so I said WTF? she has a brain tumor, your an addict and you think for one second I give a ****, do you really think Im going to bow down to you all with sympathy after all the things you all have done to me???!!! you all didnt care about what I went through having cancer 2x nor the fact that you all have tried to destroy me?? he hung up on me.
I truly feel bad for this family, wish the young girl a full recovery, but feel some sort of quilt by not showing him any sympathy, yet in my heart I truly feel for the young girl, its just the whole situation that has made me feel nothing..now I have to continue with my boundaries which is going to be harder now knowing about what is happening with this young girl..sure is putting more burden on the situation
Old 07-07-2010, 12:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Maybe stop talking to him for a while? He can't burden you if you don't listen to his quacking.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
tam

absolutely not going to take anymore calls, its none of my business and its really a personal family issue and I respect their privacy. I know they are going through a difficult time. also, if he thinks I will help him under these circumstances he is in for a rude awakening. just feel sorry for this family as they are going to have to deal with him too. oh well, it is what it is. just feel a storm approaching, have prepared my family and friends and of course myself.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Yeah, I forgot to put in that part about it all probably being a big fat lie. Gotta watch out for those.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

my NOW ex husband used the pretense of having CANCER for several months to manipulate and get money not only from me, but from others - he also used it to cover up his drug use.

I suspected all along it was a lie, but found out about 3-4 months into the scam he was lying - another stone added in my path to my road out of that miserable life.

Say goodbye to the unrealistic guilt - you have done nothing wrong - if you had spoken to a healthy member of that family and they had shared with you that little girl's illness - you would have expressed concern, thoughts and care.

So keep taking good care of you and let your ex do what his disease and he chooses to do.

HUGS,
Rita
Old 07-07-2010, 02:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tam View Post

... he got angry and demanded I file for divorce now and give him money..so (

This sort of jumped off the page....
Old 07-07-2010, 04:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Me thinks he may be telling a little white lie! I vote for no contact!
Old 07-08-2010, 12:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sorry to butt in here, but Rita...I cannot believe he said he had CANCER! Wow...that is truly crazy nuts. I am glad you now say X HUSBAND!!! I just had to add that as i am just reading this. I just told someone yesterday nothing anyone could say would surprise me anymore...I was wrong!!!!!