Notices

Day 3

Old 07-07-2010, 10:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3

Feeling better. Can eat a bit now, but I think I have only slept a total of 4 hours the past two nights. Guess my body is just used to passing out for "sleep". At least I am waking up and not puking or shaking!
Heading to the grocery store for the first time in awhile without my vodka filled water bottle. Ewww...that sounds so GROSS to me right now!

Hope all of you SR's are having a great sober day.

Much love!
Old 07-07-2010, 11:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I thought I was the only one who did that! Hi Happy - I know you can get this right and have a whole new life. You're just beginning to heal. Be patient with yourself, it takes awhile to undo all those habits we clung to for so long.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Hevyn! I thought I was the only one that did that too, but I quickly realized when I was in rehab the first time that there are MANY MANY of us out there that stored their vodka in water bottles! haha. How stupid!
Yesterday I was driving to the store to get cigs and reached over to my purse (as a habit) to get the "water" bottle that wasn't there. Strange how we get so used to our bad bad habits. I felt o.k. about it though! Instead I settled for my REAL water!
Thanks for the kind words!
Old 07-07-2010, 11:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Happy camper..wish you all the very best in your resolve to sobriety...its tough goin at times..the one thing we dont do though, is never give up..best of luck freind.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're doing well and feeling better!
Old 07-07-2010, 12:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Thanks everyone!
Old 07-07-2010, 12:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Oh man...vodka in a water bottle? I never thought of that! Damn, that's a gooder. Tee hee.. I'm not making light of it, but finding a little humour in our sick minds and how they can work. I guarentee had I thought of that I would have looked like quite the Fitness/Health statement packing my water bottle around.

Way to go Happy, you are doing a good job!
Old 07-07-2010, 12:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
HFA

Nice work on day 3. hang in there and before you know it, you will be in double digits.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
JJB

Snap! I'm on day three too!
That makes us like sober twins, I guess

"vodka in a waterbottle" yeah crazy eh?

There was a Mc Cartney song "The things we do for love"
We could write another one
"The things we did for booze"!
Old 07-07-2010, 01:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Haha...I know. I was so smart to think of the water bottle trick!! I did look like the picture of health and hydration caring that around EVERYWHERE I went! Well, until I couldn't function, eat, sleep or pretty much anything we are supposed to do as "normal" humans.

I agree...Sometimes you do just have to make light of it!

Yeah sober twin!! Happy 3rd day for you!!! You GO!!
Old 07-07-2010, 01:18 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm day 6. Wooo hoo look at us go.

You know I never dared dream that I would tell another person this...

My hubby loves chips. I mean he loves them. He's thin and in shape so why not, huh? Well he won't eat one chip or 10... he eats the entire freakin' bag. It use to really irritate the snot out of me. So one time I went to have a chip and they were all gone. I flipped out and I called him a "Chip Pig." He didn't bat an eye or miss a beat and he said to me "Vodka Pig." LMAO I never took issue with his love of chips again. hehehehe...In fact I would buy bags and bags and always say "Can I get you some chips, sweetheart?" lol
Old 07-07-2010, 01:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

HappyCamper,

Awesome job on day 3! Oh man that made me giggle about the vodka in the water bottle. Ya know, in the cover-your-face way. LOL. I used to buy a large fountain drink at Circle K fill it up mostly with soda, then fill the rest with vodka, and then go work in the community garden near my house. Oh man.....

Keep up the good work!
Old 07-07-2010, 01:22 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jojo1965 View Post
I'm day 6. Wooo hoo look at us go.

You know I never dared dream that I would tell another person this...

My hubby loves chips. I mean he loves them. He's thin and in shape so why not, huh? Well he won't eat one chip or 10... he eats the entire freakin' bag. It use to really irritate the snot out of me. So one time I went to have a chip and they were all gone. I flipped out and I called him a "Chip Pig." He didn't bat an eye or miss a beat and he said to me "Vodka Pig." LMAO I never took issue with his love of chips again. hehehehe...In fact I would buy bags and bags and always say "Can I get you some chips, sweetheart?" lol
Jojo: Thanks for the laugh today! LOL
Old 07-07-2010, 01:27 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Happycamper1979 View Post
Haha...I know. I was so smart to think of the water bottle trick!! I did look like the picture of health and hydration caring that around EVERYWHERE I went! Well, until I couldn't function, eat, sleep or pretty much anything we are supposed to do as "normal" humans.

I agree...Sometimes you do just have to make light of it!

Yeah sober twin!! Happy 3rd day for you!!! You GO!!
Wow just leave me outta the picture (sarcastically). Now were triplets. LOL.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:34 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

You know I'm sitting here thinking how 'clever' we all thought we were at somepoint. Vodka in water bottles, soda cups and gardening, me being the vodka pig... We have to have smelled to high heaven. Why is it people think vodka doesn't smell? Who ever came up with that one?

Oh and congratulations to the triplets!
Old 07-07-2010, 01:34 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Went in Home Depot with husband once & rushed directly to the ladie's room so I could pop open & guzzle down the beer I brought with me, just so I wouldn't shake. I don't want to dwell on those times, but can't afford to forget them either....

It's comforting to be able to share this stuff. The Normies would not relate. That's why this community has helped save my life.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:35 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Melinda, You are most welcome!
Old 07-07-2010, 01:43 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

OMG..I am loving the stories. Makes me feel like I am not crazy! One time I was desperate...had no vodka so I mixed tequila with my iced coffee. OMG...LOL. That sounds so YUCK! I think I was actually drinking it at the Walmart when I was with husband so I didn't start shaking.

EWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!
Old 07-07-2010, 01:52 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Ewwwwww is right! But I've done the same. I scarfed down a bottle of something very expensive of my hubby's one time. I don't remember what it was Remi something or other. He recieved it as a gift. I was desperate and needed something and it was the nastiest stuff but I managed to drink it, mixed with coke. Then the next day I was in a panic because I couldn't replace it because it wasn't purchased in the small town where I lived. So I did what any clear minded alcoholic would do. I attempted to break it on the kitchen floor as if I'd accidently dropped it. It wouldn't break on the linolium. SO I went into the basement on the concrete floor and that did the trick. But then as I'm standing in this broken glass it dawns on me.. How will I explain why I had this bottle in the basement?? UGHHH! I don't recall even how I handled it. Likely just got some vodka and forgot all about it.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:56 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

OMG JOJO!!! LOL! I did the same thing! Ran out of my secret stash of vodka and had to drink husbands expensive liquor cabinet brand of something from who knows where. Next day I broke it on floor and blamed it on my poor cat Nellie. Said she was up on the counter and knocked it down.

All of us Alcoholics think alike huh?