Notices

Day 2

Old 07-06-2010, 05:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2

Day 2! Boy and I'm glad day 1 is over...it is always the worst physically for me. Only got 2 hours of asleep last night, but I am happy because I woke up alive!
I'm actually kinda hungrey! Gonna try some jello and dry toast. My goal today is to be able to take my B vitamins and drink lots and lots of water.

Thank you God for getting me through yesterday. You must have heard my millions of prayers yesterday as I lay in bed feeling like I was dying! Thank you for another day!
Old 07-06-2010, 05:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

congratulations, but one question is how did you deal with the withdrawals? D:
Old 07-06-2010, 05:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I actually do have an appointment with my Dr., but couldn't get in until tomorrow.

How have I dealt with withdrawals....hmmm. Well, you kind of just have to deal with it until it passes. I have learned that from SR and from the detox center I was in a month ago. The first time I went to hospital and detox center (I had been drinking vodka daily for about a year and a half straight). It was pure hell on earth. I just recently went on a 3 day bender and found myself back to square one. Thankfully this withdrawal was not as bad, but bad enough to not make me ever want to drink again.

I wrote down all my feelings yesterday (how I was feeling physically and emotionally). Not a pretty list. Next time I want to pick up that bottle I will look at that list and remember how aweful withdrawals are. Have you gone through it before?
Old 07-06-2010, 11:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Wandering Student of Life

Originally Posted by Happycamper1979 View Post
I wrote down all my feelings yesterday (how I was feeling physically and emotionally). Not a pretty list. Next time I want to pick up that bottle I will look at that list and remember how aweful withdrawals are.
I'm very glad you did that - that sounds like a great idea to help you on your sober journey.

I'm glad you're feeling better!

All the best, and blessed be,
WW
Old 07-06-2010, 02:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

keep it up happycamper

D