facebook

Old 07-02-2010, 08:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tam

facebook

I just deactivated my facebook account. I felt that it was necessary for my recovery for a few reasons. some days Im having a difficult time and seeing others post stupid complaints or posting how their partying is not doing me any good. also, many of our friends in town have messaged me and asked how Im doing and I reply and they dont answer, thus making me think its all about gossip. I also was spending too much time on fb and getting overwhelmed with it and somewhat depressed with not having a marriage anymore. my family calls me, and I know they will continue to contact me , but if people really cared they would call me, invite me out etc..it really has gotten me down, Im starting to think either people are fake, into themselves, looking for attention or noisey or whatever, but it was bringing me down,up,down,spinning my head, on a good note, I attended 2 meetings this week and going to my 3rd tonight so that is a big help and moving in the right direction..might have some withdrawals there (was into the games) but I truly believe mentally this will help me.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

People use facebook for different reasons and it's a good call on your part to deactivate it, since it wasn't working for you the way you wanted. Your satisfaction is what matters.

I have just over 100 friends on my account, and they're family, friends, and business associates. I conduct myself with all three in mind, and I'm often horrified at what others post on their walls. When a few posted drama on my wall, I deleted it and sent a message telling them why. They no longer do it
Old 07-02-2010, 05:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
tam

thank you for your response, I think it just got out of hand and seeing posts that were unnacceptable (not mine) but between others wasnt helping me at all, my family and close friends understand. I was on there too much and getting overwhelmed and I wasnt being very productive thus anger and sadness was setting in..okay, will enjoy this 3 day weekend now everyone have a great holiday weekend!