Notices

Class of July 2010

Old 07-01-2010, 09:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Smile Class of July 2010

For all those quitting drinking in this new month, here's a place to document your successes or failures and what you have learned. The best advice I can give is to take it one day at a time. AFter all, we only get to live one day at a time so why not stay sober one day at a time? Here's to successful sobriety! It's so worth the effort!
Old 07-01-2010, 11:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
at peace

What a better time than the first of July. I think I'll have a cold glass of green tea.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yah July.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
at peace

Day 5 ..Irritable today but sober. Exercised and took a bunch of pictures. Picture (keeper) a day keeps the booze away.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Tomw, Congrats on 5 days!

XO-June group
Old 07-05-2010, 07:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

So glad I found this site! Very few of my friends or family know of my struggle or that I quit. I drastically cut back mid June. Since then had 3 out of control drinking nights. I did not drink at all June 30 or July 1.

But Friday was my birthday and of course I deserved a few beers-- which turned into few more. Fortunately that night a friend called and he told me to lay off the beer that he could hear it in my voice. (and I thought I was fine) So today is Monday and I have not drank in 3 days. Lots and lots and lots of ice water! I like the way I look in the mirror!

The birthday beers and the way I felt the morning after were a big wake up call. I have not had physical withdrawal symptoms or physical cravings. I have not slept well but haven't for 3 months. I did take a nice short nap this afternoon! I feel much clearer! In control! Motivated! Now to get the cigarettes under control. Interesting my goal for my birthday gift for myself was to quit smoking. Have had a nice long 4 day weekend (avoided all festivities & parties) and am hoping returning to work tomorrow and a routine will help cut back on the cigarettes.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I wish I liked iced tea

I'm on Day 2, but am staying with the June thread. Just wanted to say hi!!!
Old 07-06-2010, 10:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by traderjane View Post
I wish I liked iced tea

Same here.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by traderjane View Post
I wish I liked iced tea

Quitting in June ended up being a complete flop for me. Yesterday was particularly BAD....worse than I've been in a long time. I'm really ashamed. But there's nothing I can do about it now except to embrase an even stronger desire to quit.

July 6th = Day 1.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
at peace

IrishEyes88, I know how you feel. You're doing exactly as you should...keep trying and never give up!
Old 07-06-2010, 04:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi July group!

Tom, congratulations on Day 5 and good for you for exercising to help yourself feel better.

Jeb, Welcome!

Life4me, it sounds like you have a good plan and a good start. I agree with you about the benefits of having a routine.

Irish Eyes, the shame and guilt which is a huge part of addiction, can keep you hooked for a lot longer than you need to be. Try to let go of it and move forward.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:31 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Is nobody quitting in July? Maybe these just take a bit to get going - I know joining the June group is a key part of my support system making it through the first few weeks. Good luck to all starting out now!
Old 07-08-2010, 03:56 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
at peace

I'm polishing off my 8th day. It's easy to keep track when you start the first day of the month. Sobriety is a different trip/high whatever you want to call it. I like it. Faced a situation this morning that would have had me typically bouncing off the walls but dealt with it in a very clam rational way. The fog of alcohol may be lifting
Old 07-08-2010, 05:17 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you, Tom!

It's great to see you doing well!
Old 07-09-2010, 08:56 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I'm droppin' in from the May group to say . This is such a great support system and it really got me through those tough first few weeks & SR & the May group is still here for me after a couple of months, whenever I'm in need of encouragement or keep sober seconds ticking by helping others on here. I feel we are so fortunate to have this outlet & hope you all take full advantage! Many blessings in JULY!!!
Old 07-10-2010, 02:40 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Well after being sober for 8 months and a proud member of the October sobriety group, I relapsed. But Im back, July 6th is my new birthday and all the same very special! So I now have 4 days lol Gotta start somewhere. I've been having massive headaches but nothing else too major to report. Just feel defeated.....But I'm giving myself another shot.
Old 07-10-2010, 03:16 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Proud Neonephalist

I stepped out of the slow motion vortex of alcoholism on July 4th, 2010, so tonight will be a full week sober

I've learned so much about addiction and the length of time it takes to go through all the different layers of the withdrawal process recently. Thinking about stepping back into the vortex scares the **** out of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Things are going better now. Only woke up once last night, but I still get a slight headache after supper, which oddly enough is when I used to start drinking.

I'm getting a lot out of this site, like understanding companionship, as well as many worthwhile things to research on the Internet that I discover in peoples posts.

July's got more good juju than any other month!!

Murray
Old 07-10-2010, 03:27 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back, LivelikeGold, and you're not defeated, as long as you are back and trying. You have 8 months sober to build on.

Welcome Murray and good for you on your sober week!
Old 07-10-2010, 05:12 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back LLG
and hi to everyone

D
Old 07-17-2010, 04:40 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I am on Day 13 and feeling some cravings. But I'm still hanging on.