Notices

Day 4

Old 06-28-2010, 01:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4

I did it!!!! This is my fourth day sober. Friday was really difficult as not only was it day 1 but I felt hungover. But I did not drink. The weekend has also been difficult - I have been very moody and anxious - not sleeping very well at the moment. My mum came round on Sunday and got drunk which I could have done without. But I have not had a drink. Bring on day 5.

And thank - you so much to Mamm and Grace2 for helping me to finally acheive day 1. Without both of your support I very much doubt I could have done it.xx
Old 06-28-2010, 01:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety Date: Feb 2009

Hi, almay! I am very proud of you. Keep writing and reading. Your mum also A. I am very sorry for my son due to my alcoholism. Eat well and stay sober!
Old 06-28-2010, 01:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Persevere, Never give up!

Originally Posted by almay777 View Post
I did it!!!! This is my fourth day sober. But I have not had a drink. Bring on day 5.

And thank - you so much to Mamm and Grace2 for helping me to finally acheive day 1. Without both of your support I very much doubt I could have done it.xx
This is so awesome, go girl, I knew you could do it! you are such a special person.... and we are still here for you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
praise god.jpg (2.8 KB, 106 views)
Old 06-28-2010, 02:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yay! I heard someone stopped drinking. Keep up the excellent work!
Old 06-28-2010, 02:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Idiot!

That's excellent - well done. It can be hard when family friends are at it in front of you so you have done good!!

More of the same

nice one.

Stu.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Almay-

How do you feel?
Old 06-28-2010, 02:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm not sure to be honest. I feel better for not drinking and am very proud of myself. But I still have a bloated look on my face and my eyes are still red at the bottom and dull :-(. Am hoping to start seeing an improvement soon as I think this will motivate me.
I am quite moody - very snappy which isnt good but i am trying to control that. Very tired as well. Been putting off going to bed until very late to try and aviod the insomnia when I do go. Am going to try an early one tonight and hope I sleep. x
Old 06-28-2010, 03:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Nice work Almay!

Insomnia is horrible - mine is at last starting to recede. Bet you'll start noticing physical improvements very soon.

Keep posting!
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

congratulations almay! im on day 2 here. not much i know but you gotta start somewhere. are you going to meetings? im looking forward to seeing physical effects too (less bloat, redness, dull eyes...i definitely think thats a motivator)
  # 10 (permalink)  

The first few days were rough for me, too. I had some nasty withdrawls...the worst of it was day 4. Then I started to feel a bit better, slowly.

Trust that you'll start feeling better soon. Your body is in the process of correcting itself. Just be strong. You're doing it.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:13 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Solareclipse - 2nd day is wonderful news. If you read the thread that Mamm created titled support for Almay - I struggled so hard to achieve my day 1. Without SR I would have found it impossible. Good luck staying sober and please keep posting. Maybe we can support each other. I am not attending meetings but am using this site as much as I can. I have already met some very brave and wonderful people.

I feel dizzy also. Keep getting moments where I feel like the ground isnt still. But I am hoping that each day will get better x
Old 06-28-2010, 03:52 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Someone on here told me that with everyday you survive, you're that much further through the withdrawls. That seemed to comfort me when I felt bad.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:27 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

so happy to read this!
Old 06-28-2010, 05:29 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Red face

the first day is hard. it seems so easy to pick up and ignore the problem. but i know i will feel better if i dont. ive wanted to stop so many times in the past but always came up with an excuse, tried to drink less, said its ok if i only drink on weekends, etc. and then i wouldn't make it past wednesday (or monday). drinking isnt working for me and limiting my drinking isnt working for me. im excited to free myself from the anxiety, embarrassment and worry that drinking leaves me with on an almost every day basis. good job almay–im happy to have met someone who is in a similar place
Old 06-28-2010, 03:25 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Heyyyyyyyyy Almay. O.M.G I am soooo proud of you. I knew you could do it, I really did. I'm so pleased, I've been thinking about you all w.end.

I'm nearing the end of day 16 now and when I looked in the mirror earlier I noticed for the first time that my eyes are bright and clear, not dull and bloodshot!

It's a bit late now and I'm off to bed, but if I get chance tomorrow (I will be in work) I will email you!

Lots of love and well done you!

G.xxx
Old 06-28-2010, 03:59 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Almay

D
Old 06-28-2010, 08:03 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Great job, almay! Yes, it will keep getting better! So glad you made it through the weekend - that's major!
Old 06-29-2010, 12:16 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Persevere, Never give up!

Morning Almay, feeling better on Day 5? Keep going.... ''O LORD, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in times of distress....'' Jer. 16 v 19 - You will be even stronger when you realize that the LORD's grace is the source of your strength! Hugsxxx
Old 06-29-2010, 01:22 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Morning everyone, day 5 today and I do feel better then yestarday. Not sleeping too well at the moment and I dont think it helps that its so hot here of a night. My neck and shoulders ache like mad :-(. But love waking up hangover free!!!
I cant beleive I'm doing this - yeahhhh!! Thanks to everyone for continued support.xx
Old 06-29-2010, 01:24 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Grace, day 16!!!! Thats brilliant. Well done you. Hopefully I will be there soon.xxx