Notices

Day 8

Old 06-26-2010, 04:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
stayingstraight

Day 8

I didn't sleep too good last night. I felt too stressed out and wound up from being irritable yesterday. I hope today is better. I got up at 5 am this morning. I haven't done that in a while, even when I have to go to work. I tried to make the best of it and went down to dunkin donuts and got a dozen and some of that great coffee they have. The kids love donuts. Of course my sugar needs are high right now too. I took my little minpin for a walk this morning too. Everyone here is still asleep. I think the last time I woke this early was to get a big glass of water after a night of boozing it up. Looking forward to today and not drinking. Hope everyone stays safe and has a good day. Talk to ya'll later.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ive been up since 3am. Nervous, weird feelings that I want to drink so bad, I dont get it. Why is it so hard. Looking forward to a good day at a blues festival, hope I dont drink. trying to be sober....
Old 06-26-2010, 06:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've been waking up at 5 am lately too! Our minds & bodies are adjusting (today is day 9 for me). I'm so glad you used your time productively! Way to go.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am on day 9 and ugghh...my sleeping patterns now.. not getting up early because I am staying up all night- hopefully this will work itself out. Sounds like you enjoyed your early morning at least stayingstraight - love,love,love Dunkin' Donuts coffee!
Old 06-26-2010, 11:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
stayingstraight

Grace01, I hope you see this message before you go to that blues fest. A concert would be a trigger for me right now in my sobriety. Personally, I wouldn't go. Only you can make the decision not to drink. I have to be careful trying to coach anybody because I am only on day 8. But I understand how it feels. And so does everyone else on here. If and when you are ready you will do it. Just don't end up wasting 25 years of your life to drinking like I did. I hope you make the decision you feel is right for you. Good luck no matter which road you take.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Doughnuts and coffee instead of a hangover. I'd take that one!

Welcome to SR!
Old 06-26-2010, 01:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

well done on your 8 days

D