Notices

GRATEFUL/5 days

Old 06-24-2010, 04:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

GRATEFUL/5 days

This is a great site and have gotten lots of feedback. Just knowing people care enough about you to take the time out of their day to give a perfect stranger support gives me hope, and courage to keep on keeping on!

Thank you all for help me keep on fighting the fight!

Much love- Alex
Old 06-24-2010, 04:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Rob From Canada eh!!

We understand, we are in the same boat

Originally Posted by alexvt View Post
This is a great site and have gotten lots of feedback. Just knowing people care enough about you to take the time out of their day to give a perfect stranger support gives me hope, and courage to keep on keeping on!

Thank you all for help me keep on fighting the fight!

Much love- Alex
Congrats on 5 days Alex, you picked the perfect place to seek help to stay
Sober, just like everyone in the second row at the ball game wants there team to win. Our members here need each other because there are no stands or a cheering crowd to keep us wining the fight against booze. With each others help & support we can win the battle to sobriety & a better life

Keep strong & congrats again on 5 days

Rob
Old 06-24-2010, 05:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Alex, the best thing about coming here, is that we do understand.

And, sometimes the most we can hope for, is that someone else understands how we feel.

You're doing great!
Old 06-24-2010, 05:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Alex, the best thing about coming here, is that we do understand.

And, sometimes the most we can hope for, is that someone else understands how we feel.

You're doing great!
Thanks again Anna!
Old 06-24-2010, 05:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome and congrats on your 5 days! I'm on day 7 - we're in the same boat!
Old 06-24-2010, 05:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks Eleanor u too on 7. Do you feel any better than at 5? I just have horrible anxiety,
you?
Old 06-24-2010, 05:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Last night for me was HARD. I had cravings and I forced myself to stay at home and not move from the couch b/c I knew if I went out, I'd be buying alcohol.

Today is only easier for me b/c I went to an AA meeting. Feeling like a part of a group and talking about my addiction to other people like me (us) helped me kick the craving. One of the members approached me at the end of the meeting and said "Just get through today. Then tomorrow, do the same thing. One day at a time."
Old 06-24-2010, 06:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yeah haven't been to meeting yet but there a tons in my area. Have baby and trying to get some sleep before going. Have had insomnia and don't want to drive yet. But will go soon. Did you have anxiety or insomnia? I don't have any cravings really, and drank for 25 years and the last 6 months very heavily. Only quit when pregnant and not much the first 3 months of her life. She is 9 months now. So quitting while ahead or before something bad happens. But i just want this god AWFUL anxiety to get out of me.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

The anxiety will lessen in time, I promise. Five days is a great start and most likely the end of the physical w/d. Feels good to feel good again, doesn't it?
Old 06-24-2010, 06:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
stayingstraight

Alex, This forum helped me so much my first 3 days especially. It helped me by realizing that I am not alone. (Not that I would wish addiction on anybody). But it's definitely nice to know that there are people who know and understand exactly what you are going through. Today marks my 6th day. I had terrible anxiety too. I had a couple of moments today when I felt weak. But I pushed that demon out of my head and soon I was thinking about other things. Like laundry or the weekend that I'm looking forward to without alcohol being involved. I'm thankful for that. Don't give up. You can do this. Just look at that beautiful baby you have. You have a second chance. You have this little person, a blank slate that depends on you and loves you already. I'm 39. I drank 25 years of my life away. I'm only 6 days straight like I said but I can relate. I need to get my butt to some meetings too. I keep in mind what one of the people in this forum said, "your main responsibility right now is your sobriety". Whenever I catch myself thinking about distracting stuff, those are the words I run through my head. It helps. This forum helps too. Meetings will most likely help more. Thanks and hang in there.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks Stayinstraight, that really helped!!! I gotta stop freaking out..Anxiety is more of a demon than alcohol was to me thats prob why i drank like a fish! Thanks again! you hang in there! I just look at her and i know...
Old 06-24-2010, 08:12 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

The way I think of being here on earth is that every human is in this thing called life together, and it is important that each one of us is supportive of one another. When you post here, I believe you ask for help in the most constructive way possible, and every one of us are here for you