NEW ...from CANADA

Old 06-22-2010, 07:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

NEW ...from CANADA

hi, I have recoverying alcoholics FAMILY members...and a dear friend who is a Narcotics Addicted...I am not giving up on my NA friend...but recovery is for me in AL ANON..(no NAR ANON around my area)...looking for advice and comments for guidance....so glad I found this PLACE...!!!
Old 06-22-2010, 08:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, fourmaggie! I'm a little confused. Is your friend clean, or still using?

A good starting place would be reading the 'sticky' posts at the top of this forum.

We're glad you found us. There are a lot of good people here at SR.

I have no Alanon in the tiny town I live in, but my sponsor is blackbelt AA and Alanon, so I'm blessed!
Old 06-22-2010, 09:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Persevere, Never give up!

Hi just wanted to welcome you, you have come to the right place, could you give more details on your situation. Keep posting and reading, theres so many wonderful people here to support u.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Welcome,

We are here when you feel the need to talk.

Dolly
Old 06-23-2010, 01:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Welcome from a fellow Canadian.

Hope you stick around, you are among friends here who understand.

Hugs
Old 06-23-2010, 02:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

wow..thank you...

my recovering family are all sober with 5 years or more on their belt...MY mom introduced to me to AL ANON when I was 12ish...<<but of course..did not understand..my mom has been what the call a LONG comer...20 years or more under her belt..I so admire my mom

my friend David L...he is sober for 7 mths..drug of choice was all pain meds due to a car accident years ago...I took David in as a friend needed a place to stay in FEB...not realizing that he was DETOXING...and a few weeks living to gether...HE ASKED ME FOR help...I forward him all the information needed...HE did all the work...and I supported him...but HE NEEDED TO MOVE FORWARD in his recovery and just left June 4th...(it was not on a good note...but with my higher power..I felt no resentments towards him...)
anyhow...today the 23rd is his day of the month for his anniversary...GOD, I wish him so much strenght and courage...and so much healthy wellness for his mind, body and soul...I don't know if I love him or not...we had a wonderful foundation for a good friendship....HE left to do his recovery and I am doing my own...I did not contact him AFTER he left...but he now is starting to contact me....(its hard)..with him living here, was good, I am ALONE with out my beloved husband(deceased 8 years now) and well, needed the company...and took him in as a good friend....I never really knew this man who came to live with me...but I sure hope with his recovery of 6 mths...I got to know him.....I UNDERSTAND he is SICK...(more in my blogs...thanxs for reading...)
Old 06-24-2010, 05:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to Sober Recovery, Maggie.

This site is a great source of support and education about the difficulties of addiction.

I am so glad you have gotten some distance - it's MUCH easier to see things clearly - and are working on you self.

Peace...